Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installed HBC but cant get bootmii to take

Posted by veedubyall 
Installed HBC but cant get bootmii to take
November 13, 2012 06:27PM
I was following [lifehacker.com]
and installed HBC after it was done I tried to run bootmii but I gave an error about ios. I still have the card with the files on it. Do I have to have sd card that I leave in the wii to run bootmii? I guess really the terms threw me off. My ultimate goal is to back up our game to a hdd.
Re: Installed HBC but cant get bootmii to take
November 13, 2012 06:51PM
Basicly all I did was download letterbomb.
Put it on a small(256mb) sd card
Install HB
Tried to install bootmii (got purple letter error aying about ios)
Exited menu
Made sure HB works (it did)

Now I have a blank sd card and the letterbomb file on my desktop. Where do
I go from here? Do I put the letter bomb back on the sd card? Should I use a bigger card to run apps after im done?
November 13, 2012 07:08PM
We do not support loading backups here. As to what to do from here: Run apps. Whatever apps you like. As I said, we won't give help with backup loading, but any other apps we can help with.

A bigger card shouldn't be necessary, most apps are quite small. You can also run them from a USB drive if you prefer.
November 13, 2012 07:32PM
Ok you can ignore the above posts. I have HB and bootmii running! Now what? I had to use a 256mb card to install them. Can I just copy the contents to a bigger card? Or do I not even have to do that, ie just putting in a blank sd card? Is there any folder structure on the card I need to keep in my wii? Oh and yeah, I didnt mean to say about backing up my current games, I was just trying to give details about where I was having problems.
November 13, 2012 08:00PM
If you want to upgrade to a larger card, just copy everything from the current one to the new one.
December 03, 2012 02:46AM
veedubyall
I was following [lifehacker.com]
and installed HBC after it was done I tried to run bootmii but I gave an error about ios. I still have the card with the files on it. Do I have to have sd card that I leave in the wii to run bootmii? I guess really the terms threw me off. My ultimate goal is to back up our game to a hdd.

Hi, I'm new here, I dont know much about his, I just got a white Wii 2 days ago, version 4.3U. I tried to do something similar like you did here. and I got HBC installed, but when I checked the bootMii, it's not install correctly, it said something like:

"BootMii: Can only be installed as an ISO
boot2 injected with the bootMii loader did not pass the consistency checks (-1080000000)

link to the photo I took:

[www.flickr.com]

what should I do now, I'm stuck at this point.
December 03, 2012 05:47PM
That's fine, just don't install BootMii/boot2 (the installer won't let you do so anyway). Go ahead and install HBC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login