Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my wii game me the option to install as boot2 the first time i soft modded and now only gives the ios option

Posted by lokario809 
Hello everyone i have a 2006 white wii old version i followed the 4.3 letterbomb tutorial and during the proccess i remember scrolling the options install as boot 2 and ios after much more research i found i didnt have the best brick protection for my wii ,,well i search the forums here and i found how to reinstall bootmii as boot 2 following (apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf"). but it didnt give me the chance this time to install as boot2 ...... i have( ios) and priiloader at this time homebrew channel games work using usb and waiting for help om how to upgrade to boot2 ........................PS i know that my wii is old and that it gave me the choice for boot 2 my question is why it wont let me again ?
If HackMii Installer says you can't install BootMii as boot2, then you can't, and never will be able to, nor were you ever able to. This is essentially a hardware thing, and there's nothing you can do short of replacing the motherboard to be able to install BootMii/boot2. Sorry, you'll have to make do with BootMii as IOS I'm afraid.
SifJar thanks for the answer but i have pictures on my phone ...at the time it gave me the option ........am a noob on wii hacking but ive done it for many other consoles ps3 psps xbox softmoding is softmoding .......and i do know that i did things step by step and boot 2 option showed up .......now i will try to uninstall bootmii as ios and will see what says if i try to reinstall it .........! ps thanks for the answer will post the results ........!
This is something that can't change, either you were always able to or never able to, unless you've encountered some bug in the HackMii Installer that no one else has.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login