Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting Wii back to absolute normality!

Posted by renegadeandy 
Getting Wii back to absolute normality!
November 28, 2012 03:11PM
Hi Guys.

I installed the homebrew channel and various other bits and bobs a while back - including a priiloader, not even sure what that is!

Anyway my system menu is 4.1e and I thought ill just remove everything. SO i uninstalled the homebrew channel, and tried to update my console.

Updating by disc says update failed, updating by internet fails with error 32007....so I dont know where to go next - I basically want to take my wii back to ONLY nintendo based software.

Please help!

Andy
Re: Getting Wii back to absolute normality!
November 28, 2012 03:26PM
Hold reset while turning on the Wii to access the Priiloader menu. Go to "settings" then "system menu hacks" and then disable the ones related to updates (if in doubt, just disable them all). Then updates should again via disc or online. Online is the probably better, get's everything fully up to date; there are no discs with the full latest update.
November 28, 2012 03:59PM
Hi SifJar thanks for replying.

Unforuntately in my massive deleting spree i think i deleted something, such that when I press settings - System menu hacks all i get is a white screen - probably because this piece is gone now....

So can you point me at a place to reinstall the priiloader or something to get that menu back so I can install an official update from the internet!
November 28, 2012 05:42PM
I'm afraid I have no idea what you have done, or how to fix it, and considering the potential for completely destroying your Wii, I am reluctant to make suggestions as to what to do. Priiloader is a fairly invasive modification, which puts itself in the place of the system menu. Messing around with it while not knowing what you're doing can lead to a brick. I have no experience with it, and have no idea how to help, but I don't want to give any advice which may brick your Wii. Sorry, but I can't really help you further.

If you want to try reinstalling priiloader (I don't think that should cause problems, but I can't guarantee it) just download the priiloader installer and run it again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login