Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lets get started then......

Posted by ColGibbon 
Lets get started then......
January 02, 2013 09:10PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm a complete Wii novice, and I have no idea how to do anything on my Wii, so please, I need easy steps to get to where I want to get.

I'd like to install the Homebrew Channel, but after reading lots of info on the subject my brain has turned to mush!.

I have downloaded The Hackmii installer v1.2, and I have put it on a FAT32 SD card.

My Wii, which I bought second hand, has update 4.3e installed on it and it has a load of saved games, as well.

The model number is RVL-001 [EUR] 2006 on the sticker underneath my Wii.

What and how do I need to do now? KISS please.
Re: Lets get started then......
January 02, 2013 10:12PM
You should use Letterbomb to install the Homebrew Channel.
[please.hackmii.com]
You can find your Wiis MAC Address in the Internet Settings. It will generate a folder named "private" which you should copy to the root of your SD Card. Then, you will find the exploit in the Wii Message Board.
January 02, 2013 10:31PM
Thanks metroid maniac,

I found that MAC, but I did not know what it was. I'll find it again in the morning and create the files on the SD card.

Then what's next? I put the SD card in the Wii, and??
January 02, 2013 10:35PM
Then you can go to the Wii Message Board (bottom right of the main Wii menu) and find the exploit.
Install everything you can, then find some homebrew applications to place on your SD Card.
January 03, 2013 10:57AM
metroid_maniac
then find some homebrew applications to place on your SD Card.

What applications are reccomended?

January 03, 2013 04:05PM
Homebrew Browser makes it easy to download new applications, emulators like FCEUltra GX might be fun and Gecko OS can be used to play games with cheats.
Explore a little here. [wiibrew.org]
January 03, 2013 05:21PM
Yep, got the browser installed. Utilities seem to lock up when I try to download them. Not sure why.

Games are OK though, but not all of the work. I'm trying Duke Nuk'em, and Missile Command. So many classic games I won't need to buy any new rubbish! :D

What do you need to play DVD backups of games. My 3 kids are hopeless at looking after disks!!

I saw something about PlayStation game emulator. Does it work for PS2 games?

Sorry about all the questions.
January 03, 2013 06:19PM
We dont support ISO loaders here.
PS2 emulation doesnt work, it is too new a console for the Wii to emulate. The Wii is barely a step up from the Gamecube in terms of power.
January 03, 2013 07:21PM
OK Thanks for the replies.

I'm just stuck on one thing though. Reading a post here, you asked if the Homebrew browser is on a SD card. Mine is. How do I copy it to the internal memory?

I can't download any Apps, or Emulators, all that happens is a system lockup, when I click "Download" on the browser.
January 03, 2013 07:26PM
You cannot copy it to the internal memory. All the homebrew channel is meant to do is check the SD card or USB hardware for homebrew and run it.
It might be a better idea to just download them manually and then place them on the SD card yourself.
January 03, 2013 11:22PM
Many thanks Metroid Maniac for your replies.

I'm still having trouble downloading from the HomeBrew Browser. It worked fine for the first few downloads, and now just locks up as soon as I try to download anything.

Very annoying!

I've deleted it and put a fresh copy on the SD card, but it's still the same, and yes, the Internet is working fine.

Anyone else having this problem?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login