Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to get rid of Homebrew and update the Wii naturally, Can I?

Posted by Zignoff 
Want to get rid of Homebrew and update the Wii naturally, Can I?
January 07, 2013 10:34PM
I'm basically done with my Wii, nothing more I have any interest in, and I was planning on selling it, and a friend of mine wants it, but wants it without all that stuff, how do I go about removing the homebrew and updating the Wii with the lastest legit Version? I don't want to Risk updating it if it's going to brick on me, so I need to know how to just go about getting it back to normal.

I guess I should also mention this, as I have searched around and found lots of different ways, but nothing that strictly addresses what I need to know.

I have a Wii with Homebrew channel only, and Gecko, just so I can play imports, It's firmware is currently 4.1u, which I used the homebrew channel to update to that, can I just format the system, and then update it, or do I update it and then format it? I don't want to brick it, I just want to get it to it's default set up.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Want to get rid of Homebrew and update the Wii naturally, Can I?
January 08, 2013 01:10AM
Uninstall homebrew channel (run the HackMii Installer and choose the uninstall option under "Homebrew Channel"), update through System Menu.

Simple as that. If you want the system formatted (purely optional, won't do anything more than deleting the homebrew channel in terms of removing traces of HBC, but will remove all WiiWare and Virtual Console games), you can do that before or after the update.
January 08, 2013 05:56PM
Ok, I still need to download Hackmii and put it on my card I guess? I don't have that program atm. Can I just do a search for it and find it on google?
January 08, 2013 06:08PM
[www.bootmii.org] - you can get it from there
January 08, 2013 09:51PM
Ok, I got the program on my Card, I go into homebrew and start it up and it loads a screen talking about if I [aid for this I been scammed yatta yatta, and it's stopping there, what do I do now, My controller isn't connecting, it's been like this for 5 minutes, I have tried it twice and nothing is happening, am I supposed to do something?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login