Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii Installer "Exception 0400 occured!"

Posted by 3msinclair 
Hackmii Installer "Exception 0400 occured!"
January 27, 2013 11:51AM
I'm trying to install the homebrew channel on my 4.3E wii using Letterbomb and the Hackmii installer and I'm running into a bit of a problem. The Letterbomb exploit appears to work just fine. I can find the message and open it to run the boot.elf file. However, I receive an error message when Letterbomb attempts to run the boot.elf file. Below is a summary of the message I receive:

Cleaning up environment... OK.
SD card etected
Opnening boot.elf:
reading 2165152 bytes...
Done.
Valid ELF image detected

Exception 0400 occurred!
R0..R7 .... (lots more numbers. A code dump or hex values maybe?)

I have tried several different versions of the hackmii installer. The one that came with Letterbomb, v1.2 from the Hackmii website, the bootmini.elf from v1.2 and an old v0.8 copy that I found. All give similar error messages (I got exception 0300 from the older versions I think).

Does anyone know of a solution? I've managed to install the homebrew channel on a wii before, using exactly the same steps that I did for this one and never ran into any problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 03:04PM by 3msinclair.
Re: Hackmii Installer "Exception 0400 occured!"
January 27, 2013 06:20PM
Exception 0400 means the .elf file is corrupt, so either your SD card is bad or your wii's RAM is faulty (unlikely).
January 27, 2013 06:28PM
Thanks for the reply. I used the same SD card on another wii just yesterday, but I'll try another one anyway just in case.
The wii is second hand, but going through the play logs it seems like it was barely even switched on. Just how unlikely is it that the RAM is bad and, if it is, is there anything I can do about it?
January 27, 2013 09:15PM
I tried with a different SD card (the standard one that comes with a 3DS, if that makes a difference) and still the same error message. Are there any other suggestions?
January 28, 2013 12:57PM
I have now tried formatting the Wii's memory and the smash stack exploit. Still no luck. Does anyone know of any alternative methods to install the homebrew channel without using hackmii?
January 28, 2013 06:26PM
There are no alternatives to install the Homebrew Channel, you can however use something like LoadMii to load many other homebrew apps from Smash Stack or letterbomb. Have you tried downloading the HackMii installer again? Maybe it was just a corrupt download

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 06:26PM by bg4545.
February 09, 2013 06:47AM
Try to use capser to load bootmii via letterbomb. See if you can get something else to load. If bootmii loads, make a nand backup of this wii, then check the nand.bin with nandbincheck. Then from bootmii also try to load the bootmini.elf from bootmii's sd loader.

More info on casper setup @ google hackmii fix
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login