Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew on Dolphin

Posted by Pixels 
Homebrew on Dolphin
February 13, 2013 12:25AM
This has been annoying me for the past few days. I want to get the Homebrew Channel on the home screen.
BootMii crashes Dolphin, so does any CustomizeMii homebrew loader (basically all of them)
SmashStack doesn't work.
LetterBomb doesn't work because of my MAC. (and just for the record, no, WilBrand does not work)
I don't plan on getting any of the games for anything else, nor do I plan on dumping NAND from my working non-virgin Wii.

Can someone please help?
Re: Homebrew on Dolphin
February 13, 2013 12:32AM
You don't need any of that stuff, Dolphin can just load homebrew DOL and ELF files from the "Open" menu. It's really that simple. Although note that if you want to have an SD card (e.g. want to use homebrew that requires access to external files) you will need to create an SD card "image" and point Dolphin to it. There are probably various pieces of software available to do this.

Although I would have to wonder why you'd want to bother using Dolphin to load homebrew. Most Wii homebrew only really makes sense on a Wii. For all apps and emulators, there are better PC equivalents. There aren't really a huge number of stand out homebrew games.

Anyway, whatever your reasons, as I said, you can just load them from the "Open" menu of Dolphin :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login