Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updates?

Posted by vesper_bell 
Updates?
May 21, 2013 10:23PM
To make a long story short, my brother forced me to uninstall Homebrew off the Wii because he didn't want the console to be compromised even after I told him that it was pretty safe. However, due to another sibling of mine wanting to play the latest version of Pokepark Wii, I had to update it. Homebrew was not enabled at the time, but would the Wii be bricked if I re-installed it? I know that this question was answered in the FAQ; however, the page has not been updated recently and I just wanted to know if updates affected the channel.
If it's nesessary, my Wii dates to about 2007, it is updated to System Menu 4.3, and Letterbomb worked perfectly the first time. Thanks in advance!
Re: Updates?
May 21, 2013 10:31PM
You can install HBC just fine. No Wii has ever been bricked from installing HBC, or having HBC installed during an update. (At worst, the update removes HBC. If you wait a few days/weeks before updating, you can usually update HBC first and have it stay through the update, and there hasn't been an update in a long time)
Re: Updates?
May 21, 2013 10:40PM
Okay, thanks for the info! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login