Can I go back to factory settings
September 27, 2013 10:07PM
I made a mistake and purchased a used wii from craigslist. I turn it on and it is has a homebrew channel on it. I would like to know if it is possible to reset this wii back to factory settings. The hombre channel is causing issues as I cannot update it to the latest software to install Netflix or anything else. PLease help me.
Re: Can I go back to factory settings
September 28, 2013 01:13AM
Homebrew channel doesn't stop updates. If updates are being prevented, that sounds like Priiloader. Hold reset as the Wii turns on and a menu should appear. Choose the "system menu hacks" option (not sure exact name, never used priiloader and don't intend to) and make sure all the "hacks" are disabled, especially those relating to blocking updates. Then you should be able to update your Wii as normal and access all functions just fine.
September 29, 2013 05:02AM
You can entirely hard reset your wii by going to (Wii icons, wii settings, go to the last page of settings menu and press format system memory not exactly sure what that name is but I'm pretty sure it said format memory or what ever like that. Then follow the onscreen instructions to clearly format and reset your wii to the factory settings.
NOTE: This process will delete everything on your wii to factory state, that means it will delete your Mii characters and saved game data, so be ware of that. After formatting is complete, your wii should look like first time booting up your wii after unboxing.
September 29, 2013 05:43AM
Not true at all. A format only removes all downloaded channels and game saves, it doesn't "reset to factory settings" or remove any other system modifications.
October 01, 2013 02:29AM
I set the wifi settings and they are correct. Everything Tests fine. I tried to update and got error 32007.
October 01, 2013 05:24AM
The system menu has been patched to disable updates. A system format would not fix it.
October 01, 2013 02:55PM
How do I fix the system patch?
October 01, 2013 06:22PM
Reinstall the system menu. Don't remove the old one first, just install over the top.
October 01, 2013 06:46PM
You have to excuse my ignorance. But how would one go about re installing the system menu?
October 01, 2013 08:22PM
You could use dop-Mii, or you could use NUSD (PC program) to download a WAD of the System Menu and install it with a WAD installer (any should work).
October 01, 2013 08:45PM
I use a MacBook pro. Do i just unzip the dop mii onto an sd card and then put it into the wii? Then what? I really am sorry that I am so ignorant of this stuff but I really have no idea what I am doing.
October 11, 2013 01:39PM
Then dont do it if you dont have an idea what the hell you are doing.
October 11, 2013 03:16PM
UK777
Then dont do it if you dont have an idea what the hell you are doing.
Please make your posts more helpful and constructive in future, thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login