Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New game disc shows as 'System Update'

Posted by slimboyslim 
New game disc shows as 'System Update'
October 31, 2014 09:51PM
I've bought a new game (FIFA 15) and when I put the disc in, my (hacked) Wii shows the disc channel as 'Wii System Update' - if I click it, will it update my Wii automatically, and is this going to cause problems with my homebrew?!
Re: New game disc shows as 'System Update'
December 01, 2014 07:48PM
This will update your wii to whatever version of the system is stored on the disk. This will most likely remove your homebrew channel and any other unauthorized software from your wii. If you don't want to update, you can launch your games through something like GeckoOS
December 02, 2014 02:22PM
It won't remove the latest version of HBC, if you have an older version and it gets removed you can just reinstall it with letterbomb.
December 05, 2014 10:18PM
I had been running it through Gecko just in case but have now run the update without any issues to HBC. Gave me a new YouTube channel and now launches FIFA through the disc channel as expected.
Thank you both.
December 22, 2014 09:46AM
slimboyslim
I had been running it through Gecko just in case but have now run the update without any issues to HBC. Gave me a new YouTube channel and now launches FIFA through the disc channel as expected.
Thank you both.

Glad you got it all figured out. Enjoy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login