Just installed HBC etc; now scared to brick WII, Help!
September 23, 2015 01:32PM
Hello!

I am pretty new to all the homebrew stuff and I've been thinking about it for a while, and now I finally got to it yesterday and got everything up and running; homebrew, bootmii, and some stuff mentioned in this video; [www.youtube.com]

Today I sat down and was in the mood to play Zelda SS, so I popped in the disc and was met with the terrible fate of not being able to play the game as the disc seems to require a system update. I'm very scared that my WII will become unusable after this update, but never being able to pop a game disc in it again isn't exactly a great option.
I am currently running system version 4.3, and I remember reading someone saying everything above 4.1 was made to kill anything that isn't supposed on your wii.

What would be the best option? Uninstalling everything and then performing the system update? How will I know there's no traces left in my system? I've looked around and I don't really see any way you can skip an update to play the game. I've also seen mentions of some kind of patch but that it rewrites your flash memory, and I'm not sure if I want to use anything on my wii I can't 'undo'. Please help! :( I feel so silly now for not thinking of the possibility to turn off the updates/internet connection!
Re: Just installed HBC etc; now scared to brick WII, Help!
September 23, 2015 08:16PM
"some stuff mentioned in this video" aka warez rubbish that we don't support here, because it's poorly written junk that causes problems like the one you've got now. Too bad.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.