Snes9x GX trouble
October 27, 2015 07:18PM
Been trying to get Snes9x GX and FCE Ultra GX going on my Wii. I can't seem to find a way for the homebrew channel to boot them, they just don't show up. In the installation instruction for both it says to put the apps folder from the archive I download onto my SD card, trouble is there are no apps folders in those archives.

I have gotten WiiMednafen to work as that download did have an apps folder.

Are these downloads out of date/missing files or am I just missing something here?

Thanks for any help!
Re: Snes9x GX trouble
October 31, 2015 05:30AM
You should extract the files straight to your SD card. There should be an "apps" folder in the downloads. Get them from here and here.

For future reference, any app you get should be a .dol or .elf file. In order for it to be seen by the Homebrew channel it must be named "boot.dol" or "boot.elf" and it must be in its own folder in the apps folder. For example, on your SD card should be the "apps" folder. Inside the apps folder should be folders for each of your apps. In the folder for the app, lets say the "snes9xgx" folder, is the boot.dol as well as the optional meta.xml and icon.png files.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login