Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

noob needs help

Posted by hamotman 
noob needs help
January 24, 2009 11:43PM
im trying to get the hbc on my wii and i had updated it to the 3.4u before i decided to use the hbc. well i can get a homebrew to load but cant get out of it to my home screen and if i try to my wii freezes up and i cant get the hbc in my channels i only played the one game and thats it. how do i get the hbc on my list of channels and get it to stay there?
Re: noob needs help
January 24, 2009 11:45PM
Use beta 2 of the twilight hack to get the install HBC as a channel on 3.4
January 24, 2009 11:52PM
should of mentioned that i do have beta 2. i also tried it without a boot.elf/dol and just get the failed to boot code. i want to get my version back to 3.2 but cant get the hbc on my list of channels
January 24, 2009 11:55PM
Make sure you have the correct region of the twilight hack. And make sure you have the HBC (boot.dol) on the root of your SD card.
January 25, 2009 12:00AM
ok i have the right region usa unless they mislabled it and i do have a boot.dol and even tried it .elf and after the hack runs it starts the .elf or .dof file right away so i try to go to the home menu and it freezes up and i need to restart and there is no hbc channel. well my wife just walked in with a new sd card so i will try that also.
January 25, 2009 12:04AM
Why would you be using the home menu? Just start Zelda and walk backwards or talk to the man in front of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 12:05AM by Arikado.
January 25, 2009 12:07AM
I've not actually used the Twilight hack on system 3.4 before and already had the HBC installed prior to my system 3.4 update, but maybe I can help. When you run the Twilight hack, what do you see on the screen? If it appears to not be responding for a while, you may have the wrong region of the Twilight hack. With the correct region of the hack, it should install in about 5-10 minutes at most. Also, make sure that you don't reset your Wii before you run the Twilight hack because system 3.4 will delete the hacked save on reboot.
January 25, 2009 12:28AM
ok, i go and save the usa region cause thats where im from and then i hit the back button til i get to the home page. then i load zelda and go to the second save cause thats the disk i have, then i walk backwards/talk to the man and it goes through the hack. if i dont have a .dol/elf file it freezes up and tells me that it failed to load elf/dol or if i have the .dol/.elf file on the card it loads the game right away and i can play it but if i try to exit it freezes up on me and i have to hold the power button til it reboots and their is no hbc there. also the .dol/.elf file are flash files
January 25, 2009 02:14AM
Everything you stated is correct. So... load the HBC's .dol to install the HBC.
January 25, 2009 02:18AM
im a retard i thought the hbc was apart of the beta2 file so i downloaded the hbc and put that boot.dol in the root dir. now it works!! now do i need the card to load hbc everytime?
January 25, 2009 02:20AM
You put homebrew programs (apps) on your SD card. The SD card must be in the wii everytime you use the Homebrew Channel if you're planning on loading apps from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 02:20AM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login