Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need a Total Walkthrough on how to use Apps.

Posted by Kazagin 
I need a Total Walkthrough on how to use Apps.
February 03, 2009 02:06AM
Ok, I know I have an active topic on this same board, but I don't think people are gunna respond to a topic with 10 replies that should be answered.
Anyway, I have the Homebrew Channel on my Wii. I have an app (Savegame-extractor_v2.0) and I can't make it work.
Please, give me a step by step walkthrough as to how to do this. This is my first time using Homebrew or any hacks for that matter.
Thanks in advanced.
Re: I need a Total Walkthrough on how to use Apps.
February 03, 2009 02:24AM
On your SD card, create a folder called 'apps' in the root directory (the main directory when you first browse your SD card). Within the apps directory you just created, make a new directory with the name of the program, in your case, 'Savegame-extractor_v2.0'. Then within that directory, you want to copy over the save-extractor_v2.0.dol file from your downloaded file and rename it to boot.dol.

So basically it will look like this (if D: is your SD card)

D:\apps\Savegame-extractor_v2.0\boot.dol

After you have that on the SD card, insert it into your Wii and boot it up. Load up the Homebrew channel and you should see a somewhat generic list of the program. Select it and then it will come to a window asking you to press Reset to extract the save or Power to reset back to the menu. Click Reset to extract, wait and it will come back to this original screen and you'll be done. Hit Power and you'll be back at your Wii menu.

If I missed anything, plz ask. I just did this the other day myself so I figured I was ok to answer. Good luck.
February 03, 2009 02:30AM
It worked!
You rock!
You deserve this: [www.youtube.com]
February 03, 2009 02:33AM
Kazagin
It worked!
You rock!
You deserve this: [www.youtube.com]

HAHA! Thanks! Glad it worked. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login