Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 3.4E Advice please

Posted by corpsey 
Wii 3.4E Advice please
February 03, 2009 09:27PM
Heya guys,

I know this is the noob category so heres my noob question :)

Basically i have firmware version 3.4E i believe because im in the UK,

I've installed homebrew channel perfectly using the BETA 2 (TH) But im having big trouble with the DVDX installation, once i get to the section of selecting the ios to install from 3 - 254 i get an error on installation!?

I believe i need Cios249 to be able to install DVDX but how do i go bout doing this? because the IOS version i have at the moment is the Cios36rev7 so i dont get the option to install the number 249.

(I would like to downgrade my firmware to 3.2e But i dont have clue on how to so u do think if i dont know dont bother?

Please guys help is appreciated.

i need to install DVDX on the ios249 option <----but it does go to 249 it jumps down to lowest number
Re: Wii 3.4E Advice please
February 03, 2009 10:02PM
Why do you think you need IOS 249?
February 04, 2009 07:58PM
Lol because a guide said that i need 249?

well any ways i cant install DVDX i keep getting the 2011 error when i try and install, i believe its because DVDX doesnt work 3.4e?

thanks alot
February 04, 2009 08:46PM
what "guide" ?

I'm asking that because it seems to me a lot of the "black screen upon loading" issue with emulators came from unneccessary CIOS and/or wrong DVDX installation, maybe because people were following such "guide"

I think CIOS installation is only required for DVDX when you have a modchip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 08:46PM by ekeeke.
February 04, 2009 08:59PM
IOS 249 is an outdated method used to run illegal software on your Wii. Thats why I'm interested. Now, like ekeeke said, what "guide"?
February 05, 2009 06:49PM
I just been reading this exact same prob on another forum and a few people have used this and said it worked a treat
Arikado Edit: Dont mention that file here please I was going to download this myself,just in case i ever needed it,but can,t be bothered with torrents so i,ll wait till a direct download (for free) comes along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 09:00PM by Arikado.
February 05, 2009 07:48PM
you do know that talk of backups is prohibited on these forums. oh, and dvdx is not installable on 3.4. neither is cios 249 unless you do something else illegal. if you want to play backups then get a modchip, because you wont find help here.
February 05, 2009 07:55PM
Arikado Edit: Dont post links to guides detailing how to run backups

dont have a clue if its correct....but i installed the cios249 in the end with no problem but dvdx still wont install under 249 option.

apart from chipping the wii is there any other way of playing my dvds on this ? ( i've got the SOFTMii app but still doesnt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 09:01PM by Arikado.
February 05, 2009 09:02PM
Lets not get modchips (because they're dangerous and a waste of money). Also, lets drop the talk about how run backups. Finally, softmii is a horrible application and so shame on anyone who bothers to use it. Speaking of softmii, dont talk about it in these forums either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 09:04PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login