Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii NAND

Posted by Hollow_Dragonite 
BootMii NAND
February 26, 2010 05:59PM
Recently, I installed BootMii as an IOS, and I was wondering if i could make a NAND backup on a usb, or is it only possible for a sd card? Thanks.
Re: BootMii NAND
February 26, 2010 10:54PM
Only SD card.
March 01, 2010 05:39PM
Well, is it possible to take out ur sd card after launching BootMii and use another, or is it impossible due to the files on the original?
March 01, 2010 10:35PM
iirc, you can switch the SD card, but it'll do you no real good, since you have bootmii as IOS. You can install your NAND backup, but it is extremely dangeerous.
March 04, 2010 04:14AM
What do u mean it will do me no good? and why would installing the NAND backup be dangerous?

BTW, I can install BootMii as boot2, but my siblings dont know what it is, so I dont.
March 04, 2010 05:00AM
Hollow_Dragonite
What do u mean it will do me no good? and why would installing the NAND backup be dangerous?

BTW, I can install BootMii as boot2, but my siblings dont know what it is, so I dont.

Because when you restore a backup from Bootmii/IOS, it has to overwrite itself, however, it will probably be a successful overwrite. That being said, if it does fail, for any reason, you're kinda f'ed in the a. With Bootmii/boot2, you'll still have that if something wrong, so I suggest you use that. My family has no idea what Bootmii even is, but I have Bootmii/Boot2 installed. Doesn't make an ounce of difference, I just set a 10 second autotimer until the sysmenu starts, and tell them if they see that screen, wait, and all will be will.
March 04, 2010 05:19PM
Yeah, i guess. Thanks for explaining, AND the advice! :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login