Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't run. boot2 (nothing), IOS (flashes menu and then boots normally)

Posted by wrxmarcus 
can't run. boot2 (nothing), IOS (flashes menu and then boots normally)
February 24, 2015 08:32AM
[RESOLVED]
This caused me hours of frustration, so I wanted to post it anyway in case someone else had the problem.
Both IOS and boot2 methods work fine now!!!
I had a bad/stuck button on my Game Cube Controller that was causing it to immediately "click" the Wii menu and boot normally!
So ridiculous. Now I can laugh and enjoy. Hope this helps someone else!

--------------------------------
ORIGINAL POSTING
--------------------------------
Hello all -
I apologize if this issue and been posted (and resolved...?)
I'm fairly new to this, but not new to hacking things up... thanks for your help in advance!

I can't seem to run bootMii, not matter what I try (boot2 or IOS).

Details:
Wii: Old Wii (2007?) that I purchased new
Able to install to boot2: YES
Version: 4.3U
HackMii installer v1.2
Initial HBC & Hackmii Install method: Letterbomb

Note, I have attempted installing and uninstalling various times with multiple SD cards and from the hackmii_instaler_v1.2. app as well as the letterbomb.

Any way I attempt to install the BootMii, I can't seem to access it. I have used different SD cards. I have ensured the default values are in the bootmii.ini. It always says it installs successfully. I have tried formatting the cards and starting over as well. I've tried it on the same SD card as letterbomb/hackmii installer and on SD separate cards.

boot2:
When using boot2, I simply can't access the menu. When I power-on, it comes up with the "Press A" screen and then Wii Menu.
I noticed in some youtube tutorials that after using letterbomb it can come up to the boot2 menu directly after exiting. Mine does not; it goes to the Home Brew Channel.

IOS:
Also says successful. If I try to access BootMii through the [Home] button on the Home Brew Channel, it resets the Wii -- it BRIEFLY shows the BootMii menu -- but immediately boots up to the "Press A" screen and then the normal Wii Menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login