Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MIOS Downgrade (hear me out please)

Posted by Kage52124 
MIOS Downgrade (hear me out please)
June 02, 2009 10:00PM
It seems that a lot of people want to run their Action Replay disks on a newer system menu wii. I was curious if it was possible to make a program that installs the first version of MIOS (v4 right), perhaps similar to WiiSCU. What are y'alls thoughts?
Re: MIOS Downgrade (hear me out please)
June 02, 2009 11:31PM
I LIKE that idea!!
June 03, 2009 12:12AM
Well, Nintendo likes to keep past versions of every IOS (and I'm assuming MIOS) hosted on their servers for some reason. So if we could figure out where, writing an app to uninstall MIOS, download the old MIOS, and install the old MIOS would probably be fairly easy to accomplish.

Like you said, other apps have already done it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 12:13AM by Arikado.
June 03, 2009 05:39AM
Unfortunately I have not coded for more than a year ever and object oriented C++ wasn't up my alley, let alone I just don't know where to begin. Would anyone be up to this? Perhaps combining the source codes of the NUS Downloader and WiiSCU (PatchMii) to target just that one address 00000001-00000101?
June 06, 2009 02:15PM
Hmmm, wouldn't it be possible to just download the MIOS v4 WAD file with NUS Downloader, and install it with wadimport? Or would we have to uninstall the old MIOS first? Sorry if anything I said is illegal.
June 06, 2009 08:56PM
Probably would have to uninstall it first, but it's my understanding that AnyTitle Deleter won't delete your MIOS straight up, and I don't have the programming knowledge to add that to the list, let alone AnyTitle Deleter doesn't work on 4.0 right?
June 09, 2009 02:11AM
Kage52124
Probably would have to uninstall it first, but it's my understanding that AnyTitle Deleter won't delete your MIOS straight up, and I don't have the programming knowledge to add that to the list, let alone AnyTitle Deleter doesn't work on 4.0 right?
Actually, if your IOS's still have the signing bug in them, it will work.
And you can put the signing bug back in, even if you are on 4.0.
Don't ask me how, as it is probably against the forum's rules.
July 12, 2009 07:53PM
Shouldn't it be easier to download MIOS v4, patch the version number to 6 and then install it?
July 12, 2009 07:57PM
profetylen
Shouldn't it be easier to download MIOS v4, patch the version number to 6 and then install it?

Maybe, but the same hurdles (signing bug) would still have to be taken.
July 14, 2009 09:54AM
Why would Nintendo-signed content require use of the signing bug?
July 14, 2009 11:45AM
It doesn't. But installing it does. Nintendo dont want you to downgrade your MIOS. So while the MIOS itself is Nintendo signed, we need a method to install which comes as either PatchMii or downloading the WAD with NUSD and installing it with a WAD installer, and both of those require trucha bug.
July 14, 2009 11:38PM
alainvey
Why would Nintendo-signed content require use of the signing bug?
Because the version number is part of the signature. If you change it, the pre installation signature check will fail.
July 17, 2009 01:06AM
daniel_c_w
Because the version number is part of the signature. If you change it, the pre installation signature check will fail.

This. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 01:06AM by alainvey.
July 20, 2009 12:10AM
I'd rather just patch out the disc check myself. There's bound to be other reasons for the updates. I'm sure I heard they patch some bugs in games as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login