NTFS Support
June 04, 2009 10:19PM
Is the Wii now, or will it ever be capable of reading an external NTFS formatted hard drive?

Just wondering because I have a number of (legally owned) songs, videos, lectures, and movies which I keep backed up to my portable 500gb external, and I'm looking for a way to play them direct from the drive, with USB 2.0 support. It is my understanding that nothing like that has been done before, but I'd like to know if it's eventually coming down the pike, or whether that's an outright impossibility.

Thanks for your time and your answers!
Re: NTFS Support
June 05, 2009 12:27AM
It's very possible, you just have to have someone actually do it.
June 05, 2009 12:47AM
I do wonder if linux's NTFS support can be used as a starting point, and then altered to work with the Wii.
June 05, 2009 07:59AM
Linux (and most OS's besides Windows) uses ntfs-3g for NTFS support. That's what we'd be using. It's not theoretical, it would just take someone to actually do it. No more discussion needed.
June 06, 2009 02:08AM
ntfs-3g uses FUSE. So FUSE needs to be ported as well (pretty impossible, by the way).

But there's also libntfs:
[www.linux-ntfs.org]
June 06, 2009 07:55PM
No, FUSE is just an API to access ntfs-3g (or other fs modules). We have our own - devoptab. We can tie in the ntfs-3g core (or libntfs, or whatever) into this. So no, we don't need FUSE.
June 07, 2009 07:18PM
MplayerCE supports 2.0 USB Storage just look on the page
June 07, 2009 08:20PM
Kezza826
MplayerCE supports 2.0 USB Storage just look on the page
Does it support NTFS?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login