Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sdhc support without the 4.0 update

Posted by wiimenu4hater 
sdhc support without the 4.0 update
June 07, 2009 06:19AM
Hey there,

can anyone write up a some code so the wii will have sdhc support on a 3.2 system. It would be nice to be able to have some mp3's and other s#$t on there and 2 gigs just isn't enough. It would save alot of trouble trying to update to 4.0 and bricking my system, after reading a few dozen forums I really don't want to screw with that. Cheers to all the peeps doing all the good work out there, keep it up!!!!!
Re: sdhc support without the 4.0 update
June 07, 2009 07:58AM
Well you don't have to update your Wii to be able to use SDHC... If you want to play music and stuff like that, then you can do so already since I do believe MPlayerCE is already compatible with SDHC.
June 07, 2009 02:05PM
SDHC support is depends on the application.

So just like Kage52124 said, just pick a media player, that supports SDHC.
June 07, 2009 11:20PM
Yup, you can use an SDHC card, just the System Menu won't support it. (i.e. you won't be able to use it in the settings) and games which access SD won't be able to use it (such as Brawl, and maybe Rock Band or something) but games still can't use SDHC on 4.0, so no difference there. (Games have to be coded with support for SDHC, and they weren't, as the Wii didn't support SDHC back then)
June 08, 2009 07:48AM
SifJar
and games which access SD won't be able to use it (such as Brawl, and maybe Rock Band or something) but games still can't use SDHC on 4.0, so no difference there. (Games have to be coded with support for SDHC, and they weren't, as the Wii didn't support SDHC back then)

Thanks, I asked about that in another thread and never got a good answer. Now I know.
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 07:48AM by daniel_c_w.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login