Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virtual Boy

Posted by luis122083 
Virtual Boy
June 22, 2009 02:17AM
I was wondering if someone could pick up the creation of a wii virtual boy emulator. I belive the 3d part of it could be achived with Anaglyph 3-D Glasses.
Re: Virtual Boy
June 22, 2009 01:06PM
It has been done for the PSP so if you've got one of those you can play it :P
June 24, 2009 03:23AM
Lol it's the Virtual Boy for crying out loud! Who would want to play that thing??? Lol j/k. To each their own.
June 24, 2009 03:43AM
I heard it has one or two good games :D
June 25, 2009 08:29PM
daniel_c_w

Nope, not really. As much as Wario land was an alright game, it was no better than any mario game, and in fact was basically unplayable for more than a half hour without your eyes and brain rotting. The system was an abomination, and why anyone would want to emulate that awful and red experience is completely beyond me.
June 25, 2009 08:43PM
jakep
daniel_c_w

Nope, not really. As much as Wario land was an alright game, it was no better than any mario game, and in fact was basically unplayable for more than a half hour without your eyes and brain rotting. The system was an abomination, and why anyone would want to emulate that awful and red experience is completely beyond me.
Wario Land on VB was by far the best Wario Land game ever. The final boss battle against the shadow had like 6 dimensions :-0 Also, Mario Tennis was a ton of fun.
June 26, 2009 12:09AM
6 Dimensions?
June 26, 2009 04:15AM
Yes, you had to see it to believe it. And if you had a headache it seemed like more ;-)
June 28, 2009 04:04PM
Well what exactly is the point of emulation? Well I will tell you, for one it's for people who do not have the time, money, and or other resources to buy the actual console, or they are collectors and want to preserve old school technology for our future generation. Number two on the list I would have to say because people like to download original games from the Internet and play them for free a.k.a. pirating games. And lastly because they like to reminisce of much simpler times when PS3 & XBOX 360 graphics did not matter as much it was all about the fun and replay value of games. Do not get me wrong I would love to be able to afford all consoles because I am a techno-junky but it can get expensive and clutter-some trying to collect all those consoles to include games. As to why would anyone would want to play a virtual boy games? The answer is simple to try something "new" I am sure not everyone and their grandmother out there has or had a virtual boy in their past and played it. Even if it only had a handful of ok games, let the people be the judge of that and who knows it "might" even become more popular than the console it self of which we all know it was a flop when Nintendo released it.
June 30, 2009 07:12PM
good is a relative term. Do you mean "good for a virtual boy game" or "good game at the time" or what? Because if you mean "Good for a virtual boy" game, then any of those games could be the best, seeing as only like a dozen games came out for it XP
November 26, 2010 09:44AM
Someone is working on a Virtualboy emulator & it's called Reality boy. I have been a Nintendo fan for 24 years & even though they had some "not so popular" turnouts I liked the virtualboy. It had like 20-30 games. The best about emulating is having it all on one consol. I have an original Virtualboy & liked all the games I have for it but my stand has gone missing & is a pain to play now. I own all my games that I emulate. Full mint complete sets because I'm a collector & grown up on Nintendo. Being able to play on the Wii would be a new experience & more people would be able to experience it that never did. Yes it was all red but a cool idea. If it had been full color I don't think so many people would've complained. No progress is made without some mistakes. At least they tried & here they are still & everyone is trying to copy their new direction. I'm all in favor of the Realityboy!
November 26, 2010 09:59AM
Why did you revive this topic?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login