Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

internetLESS recovery

Posted by Juxpitos 
internetLESS recovery
June 25, 2009 10:58PM
i post this as a challenge to all Homebrew Devs out there!

Make a homebrew like Any region changer that doesn't have to connect to the internet. an all-in-one package.

single upgrade to system menu v3.2
no internet connection
Re: internetLESS recovery
June 25, 2009 11:58PM
That would most likely contain copyrighted code from Nintendo. That is illegal.

The only legal way I can think of to do this is to have the program check a disc and see if it has the 3.2 update, and then install it. But what would be the point of that?
June 26, 2009 02:08PM
"Challenge", eh? Thats an interesting angle to try and get what you want. Why don't you accept your own challenge?

Also, MattMan, an app like this could be legal if it let the user find the files it needs to install on their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 02:08PM by Arikado.
June 26, 2009 02:21PM
NUSD :)
June 26, 2009 05:15PM
MattMan
That would most likely contain copyrighted code from Nintendo. That is illegal.

The only legal way I can think of to do this is to have the program check a disc and see if it has the 3.2 update, and then install it. But what would be the point of that?

I think there are no discs with 3.2 on them.
June 26, 2009 07:04PM
No, if I remember correctly, a lot of discs (at least here in the US) have 3.2.
June 27, 2009 09:40AM
Well upgrade to system menu 3.2 without changing the region should be easy. But you need internet connection at your PC. A downgrade is not recommend and will brick your Wii if it's a boot2v4 Wii(LU64+). And a downgrade would not work with regular methods anyways, it's possible to do it, but it's not something to be discussed at this site.

Download the 3.2 IOS with NUS Downloader:
[wiibrew.org]

At least all IOS revisions higher than 1042 have the trucha bug fixed, so you want the revisons shortly before that. And for the other IOS you need to find out which IOS belongs to 3.2 and has the trucha bug, well if you want to have it.

Download the correct 3.2 system menu for your region, look here which one it is:
[wiibrew.org]

If you pick the wrong one, you will brick(semi-brick?) your Wii.

And then install the IOS first with:
[wiibrew.org]

I don't know if WadImport has the return-to-loader exit or reboots the system, if it reboots, better use the latest warez-alternative of it, so you can try another program, file or whatever if something goes wrong. Also don't start with IOS30, the IOS used by the system menu you currently have, IOS36(used by most homebrew) or the IOS used by the HBC. Also it's a good idea to test if the installed IOS work, before you install/overwrite the above mentioned "special" IOS.

Install IOS30 and the system menu at the end. Installing IOS30 and installing the system menu are the most dangerous parts of this. If something goes wrong with either of two, you need to fix it BEFORE you leave HBC or you need brick protection from BootMii as boot2.

And important: I have no experiences with preloader, if you have it installed, this procedure might brick your Wii.

And i won't take responsibility if you brick your Wii by this, i'm only trying to help, and i do not know everything, so it's likely i forgot something important or just don't know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 09:43AM by WiiPower.
June 28, 2009 03:16PM
bg4545
No, if I remember correctly, a lot of discs (at least here in the US) have 3.2.

You may be right, but I'd be suprised if you could mention a single one!
June 28, 2009 06:20PM
I just had an idea - there should be a page on WiiBrew which lists which games have which updates/IOS. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
June 28, 2009 07:59PM
[wum.talevas.com]
that has a lot of the disc updates
June 28, 2009 08:35PM
thanks. I started a page on wiibrew to list all updates from all regions. it's a long process, because I'm deleting the ISO version information and so on, so if anyone wishes to help out please do.

The page is at Disc_Updates
June 30, 2009 11:47AM
There's also different disc versions...
July 10, 2009 12:12AM
I have heard some talk of preloader messing with things during up/downgrades...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login