Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND Dump question

Posted by SifJar 
NAND Dump question
June 29, 2009 09:00PM
Hi there. I have a question. I know bushing can manually decrypt and re-encrypt a NAND dump so it can be restored to a different Wii than it came from. But could be decrypt it, then make a program that will re-encrypt it when provided with a copy of a particular Wii's keys? That way he (or someone else) could release a decrypted 3.2 dump, and then everyone could re-encrypt it with their keys and downgrade to 3.2. Or would it be illegal to share the decrypted NAND dump? Please don't flame me if this is stupid, just a thought.
Re: NAND Dump question
June 30, 2009 09:46PM
Sharing a nand dump is illegal, it contains lots of stuff from nintendo. Also: why downgrade? You know that downgrade == brick on boot2v4 Wiis?
July 01, 2009 12:05AM
I'm not advising downgrade using current methods, but for those who can install BootMii as boot2, this could have been a safe way to do so I think. And I believe those with boot2v4 will have an invulnerable boot1, so can't install BootMii as boot2, meanind they wouldn't be able to do this. But I thought sharing NAND dumps may be illegal.
July 04, 2009 04:49PM
how do you know which version of boot2 you have?

my boot2 is patched and so I can't install bootmii as boot2, and yet I downgraded my console fine...
July 04, 2009 09:27PM
shawabawa
my boot2 is patched and so I can't install bootmii as boot2
you mean your boot1 is patched. it doesn't matter what boot2 version you have, but if you have an updated boot1, BootMii won't be able to be installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login