Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Helicopter Game

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Re: Helicopter Game
July 29, 2009 08:13PM
Ehm, the demo (no offense scanff :P) isn't really as hard as the flash veresion (because of the lack of incline and barriers), so i got a little over 1000 pretty easily.....
July 29, 2009 08:29PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Ehm, the demo (no offense scanff :P) isn't really as hard as the flash veresion (because of the lack of incline and barriers), so i got a little over 1000 pretty easily.....

yep, I'm sure you'll score a lot more points on it.
July 30, 2009 07:09AM
scanff
jsmaster
By graphics, I mean the "spritey thingys" and the background =p. This means the helicopter, some type of repeatable image to create the walls, and the blocks that act as barriers to the helicopter. Also, maybe a title screen, and a blow-up animation for the helicopter. I think that's pretty much all I would need to start with.

oh wait... I already started on something :P JS - If you want the source then let me know I've probably got better things to work on.

Here's a demo :P [www.scanff.com]
Why don't you put that up on the wiki? You may as well, (for people who don't come on these forums as much....).
July 30, 2009 07:12AM
It's pretty sub par right now. I'd be somewhat embarrassed to release it like that.
July 30, 2009 07:18AM
scanff
It's pretty sub par right now. I'd be somewhat embarrassed to release it like that.
LOL, okey-dokey. I thought it was good!! :D
October 17, 2009 04:11AM
I still think this would be cool.....
October 17, 2009 05:26AM
I guess jsmaster never had time. I'll finish it if someone would like to do the graphics ?
October 17, 2009 03:19PM
[www.wiibrew.org] -- The author also made piing and briickout which both sucked... I'm optimistic for this one though :)
October 17, 2009 05:53PM
Ok cool. Well I'll wait and see :P If he wants to look at my source it's only 400-ish lines.
October 17, 2009 11:25PM
Arikado
The author also made piing and briickout which both sucked...

Easy tiger, the term "sucked", especially as it applies to homebrew, is VERY relative!
October 18, 2009 02:38AM
mdbrim
Arikado

Easy tiger, the term "sucked", especially as it applies to homebrew, is VERY relative!

That word always applies to coding. I would say my code from a year ago sucked as I'm always learning better ways to do things. A few of you probably think it still sucks :P
October 18, 2009 04:42AM

That word always applies to coding.

totally agree... i'm just saying it is VERY relative.
October 18, 2009 05:46AM
mdbrim
Arikado

Agreed. But, note that you couldnt accurately control your paddle in either - a fundamental flaw impossible thats to overlook.
October 18, 2009 05:39PM
BUT IT ALSO SUPPORTS BURRITOS!!!

Oh wait that's something else.

Yeah i guess if you are describing non functional game play then yeah... it sucks!

I'll give you that one

but a good effort, and like you said in your post, hopefully a stepping stone towards getting better at homebrew!

i wonder if i have my first homebrew... i'm gonna put it on my HBB repository... it's gotta be worth atleast a couple of laughs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 05:40PM by mdbrim.
October 29, 2009 11:57PM
I personally prefer this helicopter game - [clickjogos.uol.com.br]

I think it's much more entertaining personally.

James
Helinet Aviation

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login