Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

App to send key presses to PC

Posted by GreyGoshawk 
App to send key presses to PC
August 07, 2009 10:33PM
I'm not sure about the feasibility of this idea but would a homebrew app that sent all pad presses to a pc via wifi be possible?
Playing PC games with a gamecube pad would be a whole lot easier not to mention gamecube emulation.
Re: App to send key presses to PC
August 07, 2009 11:29PM
thatd would be sweet
August 08, 2009 05:30PM
I have a feeling it would be so slow that it would be worthless, it is a great idea though.
August 08, 2009 06:28PM
There should be no slow part :-)

Neither the Wii, W-LAN, or any software that would be written/used should introduce a notable latency.
AFAIK Gamecube pads are scannend 20 times per second, so any latency smaller than 50ms shouldn't be noticed anyway.
August 11, 2009 11:16AM
Well, you can buy a GC>USB adapter to plug a GC controller into a computer, probably dirt cheap now, and it'd be easier and quicker, and you could use a bluetooth adapter to connect Wii Remotes with nunchucks and classic controllers or balance boards. So basically any controller usable with a Wii can already be used with a computer for less than a tenner if you get a cheap bluetooth adapter/already have one.
August 16, 2009 03:52PM
actually even if there are GC>USB adapters and you can use your wiimote with bluetooth i think that this is a good idea...

but the thing i would rather see is, they make a VNC viewer... so you could see you computer screen on the television too and play with the wiimote, well i know that this already is possible, wiiremote and tv-out, but some computers are just out of range for the cables, but not for wifi..........just my 2cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 04:00PM by daisuke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login