Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to Make a app that can play pc cdrom games??

Posted by chrono32 
Is it possible to Make a app that can play pc cdrom games??
August 27, 2009 08:10AM
Like make your sd card a little hard drive(mines a 4 gb)and play diablo 2 or somethin else??
Im not sure if you could run a .exe file off of the sd card and make the wii understand what
your trying to do...
Oh Well, I know its a crazy longshot in the dark.

But I just had to ask..(I thought thats what WiiEngine was for but I guess its for somethin else.)
Re: Is it possible to Make a app that can play pc cdrom games??
August 27, 2009 08:29AM
no...just...no...
I don't wanna sound mean, or offensive, but it's just not gonna happen, PCEngine was a game system, and WiiEngine emulates said console... What you're asking for requires too much work, for too little benefit
August 27, 2009 10:21AM
Fair enough....
August 27, 2009 11:26AM
Well, you certainly couldnt ever run CD-ROMs, the Wii doesn't have the hardware to read CDs, only DVDs.

And you'd probably need to port each game individually, and then add files from the CD to the port to play it (like the Doom and Quake ports on the Wii)
August 27, 2009 10:30PM
SifJar
Well, you certainly couldnt ever run CD-ROMs, the Wii doesn't have the hardware to read CDs, only DVDs.

And you'd probably need to port each game individually, and then add files from the CD to the port to play it (like the Doom and Quake ports on the Wii)

exactly, and even beyond that, if we wanted to run ALL PC games at the same time, we'd have to either A) Port an OS, and looking at how the porting of an Open Source OS like Linux is going, I doubt Windows is going to happen, and Windows would be best for games like that, or B) Port something like BOCHs which will probably run VERY slowly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login