Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDHC support for non-SDHC games?

Posted by profetylen 
Re: SDHC support for non-SDHC games?
September 09, 2009 07:49PM
Yes, but because they are so complicated, they'll take up a good bit of space, possibly more than the original SD functions, which would mean you'd have to find free memory and hook, which is tricky, and the codes would be very long, which would perhaps stop ocarina working properly.
September 10, 2009 11:03AM
Aha!

I'm not entirely sure what hook means though. Is it to continue a sequence of assembly instructions in some other place?
September 10, 2009 07:19PM
Yeah, its where you patch a bit of code to jump to somewhere else, where you put the rest of the code you want to execute, then put the command to jump back. If that makes sense. For example, you could stick a hook in to the SD functions to jump to another place, where you have put code for SDHC and at the end of the SDHC code, you tell it to go back to where it was. But you have to put the SDHC code in empty/unused space, or the game will crash.
September 10, 2009 07:43PM
Ok! That was what I thought. Do you think all SD code looks the same in every Wii game? In that case you could make a program that loads the dol with a patch, replaceing all SD functionality with SDHC funtionality (possibly throught hooking if space is found). If the program works, then you could incoporate it in Gecko OS if the developers allows you to do so.
September 10, 2009 08:35PM
I would guess it probably is similar, if not identical. It'll just be whatever the official SDK's SD functions are, and they should be common to each game.
September 11, 2009 11:57AM
Thanks for all the information! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login