Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disk Channel 2.0

Posted by aujakev 
Disk Channel 2.0
January 26, 2010 09:09PM
How about a New disk Channel, it would be similar to the old one and it would load the banner and icons of the games, but it would have Gecko Os built in and Cheat Manager or a similar app, Like an Auto-booting Gecko with Cheats Made to look and function like the disk channel. instead of loading HBC then Cheat Manager then Gecko Os ect... 2 Great apps in one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 09:10PM by aujakev.
Re: Disk Channel 2.0
January 26, 2010 09:43PM
Make a custom channel with CustomizeMii. It won't have banners of individual games, but without replacing System Menu, that's impossible. If you want it to autoboot games, edit the source (or find someone else to do it) to make it automatically launch the inserted disc. Then you could also remove a load of unneeded bits of source like channel loading and hooks. If you wanted to add Cheat Manager, that would make it a harder job, why not just make it a separate channel for it? Then change why cheats are/aren't enabled with that channel, then use the Gecko OS channel to boot your game.
January 26, 2010 11:25PM
thats not what i ment. its a custom channel that is a gecko os and Cheat manager in one, it DOES NOT replace the disk channel it just loads the disk's Icon and banner ect. it would boot the disk when one is inserted but when there's no disk it would go to an menu where you could add cheats and it would use gecko os to launch them. then useing system patches you could put it in place of the disk channel normaly sits.
January 27, 2010 01:46AM
The disc channel is not a real channel like all the others. So it does special things, like the banners from disk. Real channels cannot do that.
January 27, 2010 04:55AM
From what I understand, you want a channel that loads the banner of the inserted disk. Then when you start it, it will give you the choice of a cheat manager or a Gecko OS-type game launcher. Correct?
January 27, 2010 08:33PM
aujakev
thats not what i ment. its a custom channel that is a gecko os and Cheat manager in one, it DOES NOT replace the disk channel it just loads the disk's Icon and banner ect. it would boot the disk when one is inserted but when there's no disk it would go to an menu where you could add cheats and it would use gecko os to launch them. then useing system patches you could put it in place of the disk channel normaly sits.

I know what you meant. But like I said, without completely replacing the System Menu, its not possible to show the game's banner.

But with a bit of modification to the Gecko OS source, you could make an autoboot Gecko OS channel, and you could have it that if there is no disk inserted it'd load the Gecko OS menu (I think this would be possible anyway...). And you could add Cheat Manager into Gecko OS. Then you boot the channel with no game inserted when you want to manage cheats or change other settings, and you boot the channel with the game in to boot the game with cheats. This is the closest you will get to what you want I think.

EDIT: Actually, you'd have to re-write Cheat Manager, rather than just integrating it, as the source code isn't available. But I'd say it'd be a reasonably good idea to have cheat management built into Gecko OS anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 09:02PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login