Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Community Collaborative Homebrew Game

Posted by SteelSLasher 
Community Collaborative Homebrew Game
February 20, 2010 08:38PM
I am working on a Zelda themed game engine [www.wiibrew.org] and since i am making a game out of it i need some constructive advice:

Graphics style?
Already decided it to be 2D but not sure if i should make it ALttP, Minish or custom style.

WMP?
Would the WMP add enough to the game to make it viable?

Cutscenes?
All 2D Zelda games had cutscenes with ingame sprites, i was thinking animated cartoons to add a level of realism and to make the game more dramatic.

Custom levels/dungeons/quests?
brawl had this, so did zelda classic, so why not whatever i end up making

Also, i want this game to involve the fan community as much as possible, do you guys think people will treat this seriously and make serious contributions (cutscenes, storyline adjustments, graphics, music<-important! ).
Re: Community Collaborative Homebrew Game
February 20, 2010 08:42PM
I'd be willing to help out with music. I've had a tiny bit of experience already with making music, I made some for the Bash The Castle game, and I helped out a little bit with GOF.
Meh, Scratch that, I'm probably not going to have enough time to commit to that. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 09:29PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
February 20, 2010 09:02PM
Eh, I might as well make my mark on the scene. I can help with story, and graphics.
February 20, 2010 09:13PM
for music i am looking for quality like that of the artists at ocremix.org, they are absolutely amazing, i have already chosen a few of the zelda remixes available because they sound really good

i did a bit of looking around and it looks like for graphics deviantart is the best place and for music i should look at ocremix or zreo (Zelda REOrchestrated)

i bought a WMP for sports resort and i am hoping to get to play with it in homebrew so that should be interesting to see how that goes.

I have an idea for two wiimotes with WMP, one is a shield and the other is a sword, i thought that it would probably make the game extremely difficult but at the same time almost real life (except for the fact that your motions are mapped onto a 2D plane)

i should have a written up storyline soon, i have deliberately made the storyline so that it betrays the standard zelda storylines (zelda gets captured and you go on a solo mission kicking everything out off the way to find that "suprisingly" ganon was behind it all, and then zelda rejects you)
March 06, 2010 05:33AM
Hi there,

If you want some original music for your game, I'd be happy to contribute.

Relevant Music Samples:

I can also contribute art if needed.

Cheers

(Edit: Is this a Zelda-like RPG game engine or are you making a Zelda game? If it's just a Zelda game disregard this post as remixes aren't really my thing.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 05:35AM by MooseTrap.
March 06, 2010 11:24PM
well if its sprite work, I could probably help with that if someone sends me base sprites to modify, I'm not too good from scratch. I could also write the story with someone.
March 14, 2010 05:33PM
This is both the engine and the game (i need an engine as without one we cant have custom dungeons)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login