Idea: Would this be possible?
April 19, 2010 04:36AM
Would it be possible to create a DS Download Service sort of as seen on the Nintendo Channel using HBC where people can develop their own DS micro games and then send it from their Wii to DS without any additional software or hardware for their DS? Nintendo does this with DS demoes, but would it be possible to do this with original games?
Re: Idea: Would this be possible?
April 19, 2010 06:32AM
Not really, since the protocol used to send DS demos over Wifi to the DS hasn't been reverse engineered, iirc.
April 20, 2010 10:13PM
Two problems:

1. As cactusjack said, protocol isn't reverse engineered
2. DS Download Play is RSA protected, so its not possible to send demos to an unmodified DS, unless it has a low firmware, so if its vaguely recently bought, it'll be impossible, all DS Lites and DSis would be impossible. Non-DSi DSs can have FlashMe installed on them to allow unsigned demos to be run, but this means largely unnecessary, permenant, risky modification to the DS.
April 20, 2010 10:23PM
SifJar
Two problems:

2. DS Download Play is RSA protected, so its not possible to send demos to an unmodified DS, unless it has a low firmware, so if its vaguely recently bought, it'll be impossible, all DS Lites and DSis would be impossible. Non-DSi DSs can have FlashMe installed on them to allow unsigned demos to be run, but this means largely unnecessary, permenant, risky modification to the DS.

It would be possible on a DS Lite, you can install FlashME on them. I just don't have it on mine because I can't get the contact to short.
April 20, 2010 11:14PM
cactusjack901
SifJar
Two problems:

It would be possible on a DS Lite, you can install FlashME on them. I just don't have it on mine because I can't get the contact to short.

Did you read my post? I said EXACTLY that.
April 21, 2010 12:33AM
SifJar
cactusjack901
SifJar
Two problems:

Did you read my post? I said EXACTLY that.

yes, but

SifJar
all DS Lites and DSis would be impossible

is incorrect, because you can install FlashME

beyond that I was very sleep deprived
April 21, 2010 04:09AM
cactusjack901
Not really, since the protocol used to send DS demos over Wifi to the DS hasn't been reverse engineered, iirc.
No, the WMB protocol was already reverse engineered, but nobody has successfully reverse engineered WD/Nintendo Channel and successfully sent anything over WMB. The only way to run homebrew via WMB without FlashMe is with a second-stage loader exploit. Such as nzoneurlstacksmash, if/when it's released.(For usage on original DS models though, you'd have to capture the client yourself if you live in Europe. I test it with the Japanese DS Station client, I'm not really interested in redistributing the client.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login