Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disc Browser

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Disc Browser
May 08, 2010 08:15PM
OK, here is a modified patchmii-core at last. I finally got round to fixing devkitPro. I have not tested this, but I'm fairly sure it's safe. It should install patchmii-core to IOS197. Once you have done this, grab the 3.3 DVDx installer and use the Advanced Mode to install DVDx to IOS197 (You may need to uninstall your current DVDx for this to work...). You'll need trucha bug in IOS36 for both to work AFAIK. I accept no responsibility for damage caused by this, but it should be 100% safe. It is 99.9% bushing's original code, with a very minor edit. Here's the download link:

[sifjar.hostoi.com]

Hope you find it useful.

EDIT: here's another modified program, this time one I found on the FTPii Google Code page, written by joedj, which switched the DVDx IOS. I modified it so it will switch it to IOS197 (using IOS197). So run the .dol above, then run this .dol. Then I think FTPii will work fine for you.

[sifjar.hostoi.com]

EDIT: In case anybody wants them, and to comply with licenses, here's edited source for each app. I changed 1 line in patchmii-core, and two in dvdx_iosswitch.

dvdx_iosswitch : [sifjar.hostoi.com]
patchmii-core : [sifjar.hostoi.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 10:14PM by SifJar.
May 09, 2010 05:13PM
sweet I'll try it out later
May 14, 2010 06:47PM
have you tried it yet? If so, did it work?
May 15, 2010 04:55AM
no... Wii is kinda hard to get to, and my sd card reader isn't working too well...
May 15, 2010 05:40PM
No worries, just curious...
May 16, 2010 02:43AM
I'll try to install it as soon as I can
September 21, 2010 06:29PM
isnt it just as easy to use the wii scrubber program? It can read disc, can't it?
September 21, 2010 08:38PM
zeveroth
isnt it just as easy to use the wii scrubber program? It can read disc, can't it?

No. At least, I'm fairly certain it can't. You'd need to rip an ISO (with Wii), transfer it to PC, then extract files. Much quicker to dump the necessary files via WiiXplorer.

The only possible exception is via very particular LG DVD drives in a PC, which would allow ripping directly on PC, and perhaps WiiScrubber can access discs via these drives too, I don't know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login