Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiibrew Ipod/Iphone App

Posted by aujakev 
Wiibrew Ipod/Iphone App
September 15, 2010 11:24PM
My idea is simple. an app like homebrew browser, but for ipod/iphones' and it would use wiiload to send it to the wii.

for jail-broken ipod/Iphones' (though it would be really cool if it was released in the app store)
Re: Wiibrew Ipod/Iphone App
September 16, 2010 10:08AM
I had a similar idea, however there's a problem: the iphone app would need to know the IP address of the wii in order to send something to it. I tried to get a broadcast location feature added to the last HBC release but nobody working on it seemed interested. :(
September 16, 2010 05:30PM
I know mine wii ip address read it some where on the wii, but how would it be possible then?
September 17, 2010 01:21AM
Doesn't thi IP adress show in the upper righthand corner of the HBC?
September 17, 2010 07:48AM
Yeah, but I wanted it to be found automagically rather than manually entering it into the phone.
September 17, 2010 03:40PM
Just scan for machines on your local subnet with port 4299 open to find the Wii.
September 17, 2010 04:28PM
... and end up triggering warnings from any neurotic firewalls installed on other local PCs, no thanks.
September 18, 2010 04:19AM
tueidj
I had a similar idea, however there's a problem: the iphone app would need to know the IP address of the wii in order to send something to it. I tried to get a broadcast location feature added to the last HBC release but nobody working on it seemed interested. :(

yeah.. so what? i have to know my wii's Ip address when i send stuff to it from my computer.

all it Need's to do is download and send stuff to the wii via WiFi

Wiibrew app!

200th Post woo!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 04:21AM by aujakev.
April 12, 2011 04:29AM
tueidj

Just scan for machines on your local subnet with port 4299 open to find the Wii.

Spam removed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 09:43PM by bg4545.
April 12, 2011 10:59AM
Can has for android too?
April 12, 2011 04:40PM
metroid_maniac
Can has for android too?
I don't think the idea got off the ground. The previous post was just a bump by a spammer.
April 12, 2011 04:53PM
Fair enough.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.