Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Android (and Possible Google TV) Port to Wii

Posted by Link_of_Hyrule 
Android (and Possible Google TV) Port to Wii
November 24, 2010 04:37AM
I've been thinking a lot lately about how interesting it would be to see android ported to the Wii and when the source code to Google TV (which currently runs on Android 2.1) is released next year that it would be great to utilize it's features with out actually having to go out and get a new piece of hardware to run it on. Android was originally meant to run on smartphones but is now making it's way over to tablets, computers, and mp3 players as well as TV boxes and TVs them selves. Anyways just a thought I would love to help with such a project but I'm currently unable to for another 4 months since I am busy with a church mission anyways I would love to see what you guys think.

[developer.android.com]
[source.android.com]

EDIT: Forgot to post that Android is a modified slimmed down version of Linux made by Google.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 04:38AM by Link_of_Hyrule.
Re: Android (and Possible Google TV) Port to Wii
November 24, 2010 06:41AM
Looking at the iPhone port of Android I was thinking about this too the other day lol. There's really no reason why a port of Android to the Wii wouldn't be possible other than that it may be impossible to find someone capable of doing it.
November 24, 2010 06:53PM
May it be possible to do something with the existing Linux kernel for the Wii (MiKe)? Just throwing out ideas, a free Google TV on the Wii would be AWESOME!!
November 26, 2010 01:57AM
Well Google tv will be open source so I'm sure someone will make it "free" on a device or two it's really the hardware that you have to pay for not the software. I'm glad others like the idea if it worked that would bring a lot of Apps to the Wii and I think Google TV would be amazing I'm not sure how we would make it pick up your cable or satalite though I guess just getting the videos over Wi-Fi is just as good with out having cable I probably won't even get cable when I start going to college.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login