Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Gameboy Emulation - VBA GX?

Posted by Ralphis 
Dual Gameboy Emulation - VBA GX?
December 05, 2010 12:18PM
I'm sure this ranks absolutely last on the developer's TODO list, but I really think that the following would be a great feature:

For the less system intensive Gameboy (Color), allow two instances to be run on the same screen simultaneously and emulate a system link. This would be great for multiplayer games from that era and, most importantly, allow the linking up of Pokemon Red/Blue or Gold/Silver. I'd really love the opportunity to enjoy these games that I loved as a kid with my girlfriend (and be able to trade her whatever cool Pokemon), all on my tv.

Is this a realistic request to ever expect implemented? Tantric and company have done a great job with this and all of the other software on the Wii. I'm new to the "scene" and just a casual observer, but have been enjoying my Wii as more than a paper weight!

Thanks a lot!
Re: Dual Gameboy Emulation - VBA GX?
December 05, 2010 01:26PM
It'd probably take a fair bit of work, but in theory I think it should be possible. Doesn't mean it'll happen though...As you say, developers probably have other features they're more interested in. Also, Tantric has a whole bunch of emulators, and a load of other apps, so he probably doesn't have time to spend a long time adding one feature to one emulator. But I dunno, he may do it someday.
Re: Dual Gameboy Emulation - VBA GX?
December 06, 2010 10:41AM
VBA is not coded to run twice side by side (I looked at it) wanting this in VBA requires a lot of work.

I have coded a GB emulator from scratch that runs 2 GBs (or even 4) side by side. However, emulation is not perfect, and link emulation fails in many cases (tetris kinda works, but pokemon trading generates strange results)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login