Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A challenge shoutout to anyone who thinks they got what it takes

Posted by smeesmay 
A challenge shoutout to anyone who thinks they got what it takes
December 06, 2010 05:06PM
I want someone to finally step up and create some manly, or at least beyond 5 yr old additions to the mii creator. I want some cool clothes, mean snarls and an eyepatch for example. XBOX360 has this stuff, but nintendo can't make anything that might make a finger waggle. Someone here on this very forum has what it takes. Step up. Post here and let them know to get it rolling. If i knew much I would help, but coding is not my thing. I got a million ideas though.....
Re: A challenge shoutout to anyone who thinks they got what it takes
December 06, 2010 05:23PM
Wrong forum, and has been suggested before. Ain't going to happen.
December 06, 2010 05:33PM
no one has what it takes or is it copyright issues?
December 06, 2010 07:53PM
No one wants to. It's pointless; you can't add to the Wii system itself so it would only be in homebrew apps that include it and also there aren't much (if any) homebrew apps that use Miis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 07:59PM by bg4545.
December 10, 2010 08:57PM
bg4545
and also there aren't much (if any) homebrew apps that use Miis.

IF ANY?!? aww come on man!

smeesmay... like bg4545 said, this wouldn't be practicable in regular mii using wii games, but would be very easy to do in homebrew games that use miis.

libmii and the rendering process i did make it very easy to take your mii and alter it anyway you want. But i only know of two apps (and only one game) that currently use the libmii and rendering process to use your miis. (and it's currently only 2d... i have plans for 3d but not until i finish my current project (s))

But it could be done.
December 10, 2010 09:44PM
mdbrim
But i only know of two apps (and only one game) that currently use the libmii and rendering process to use your miis...

There might be another one at some point.

/plug
December 10, 2010 10:36PM
mdbrim
IF ANY?!? aww come on man!
haha sorry, I was drawing a blank; I don't know of any of the apps that use Mii's.
December 10, 2010 10:42PM
haha, that's awesome chris!

chris
...with the much underused Libmii...

Very true... both my current projects will use it... but then again, i'm biased!

looks good man... and i love othello.

smeesmay:

long answer: when i first started the render process, i envisioned taking your existing mii's, editing them as you mentioned above with all new features (scars, tattoos, piercings, hats (sports teams), logos on shirts, etc, etc) and then store those on your sd card for recall in other games. call it libmii2... it'll have a bunch more objects to add on as well.

I have some of the framework already done but like i mentioned, i got sidetracked with other projects. Plus i'm not a master graphics artist.

If you wanna throw out some ideas on "accessories" for mii2.0s, i'll incorporate them as i do the new libmii2 library.

graphics won't hurt either :D

short answer: it is on my to do list!
December 10, 2010 10:47PM

haha sorry, I was drawing a blank; I don't know of any of the apps that use Mii's.

lol

I think Crazy Intro uses it to display mii's if it's their birthday.

But yeah, that and wiidoubledown are the only two currently released ones i know of.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login