Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!

Posted by Yoghurt 
STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
July 22, 2011 05:01PM
TO MAKE IT SHORTER, HERE IS WHATS LEFT:
- finalize cutscenes
- finalize bosses
- fix some bugs
- tweak some effects

So,
some of you might already know what I am talking about, for those of you who don't here is a small rundown:
The Prophecy is a Castlevania-esque game that is developed by me and Daid. It features six stages and is pretty far ahead in development.
Unfortunately, Daid is out of free time at the moment, and the game doesnt get much coding love lately.
And this is where you come in.
If you have coding experience and want to help us finish the game, please be so kind and drop me a line. gameplay is setup and all levels are done, so the bulk of the work is already completed. We are mostly missing cutscenes and boss battles. the rest are tweaks and bugfixes.

the release schedule would be that we release the third and final demo ASAP and then finish the game up for the beta release. after that, its a cakewalk, because the beta is the final game. we then wait for feedback to fix a few quircks and bugs and then the game is done.

as i have already stated. the bulk of the game is done. all stages are mapped and all graphics are more or less done. some low rez graphics need updating but that is nothing you need to worry about.
i ahve documented everything we need to know and i hope daid did the same on the coding end (i cant code a bit)

so long story short: i would need a codier to finish the game with me^^

Edit: Since i found nobody who wants to help me finish a 75% done game, i am willing to pay you. I dotn ahve much but i give you what I have. i just want this to be done!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 08:57PM by Yoghurt.
Re: Somebody has some time left to help us finish The Prophecy?
July 27, 2011 11:35AM
First, let me add some good news. I'm still around, so I can help with any problems in the code. I still know how everything works and how to change the code. The code itself is pretty clean C++ without much fancy stuff. It's using a few macro tricks, but that's not something anyone should worry about at this stage.

The code is quite ready for a beginner programmer, because the framework is all setup and not hard to grasp. The code compiles for Windows, Linux and the Wii. So you don't need to do a lot of Wii testing. When Yoghurt says "bugs" he means quite simple things, the code is rocksolid stable. It's just things like graphic tweaks (moving an object in front of the player instead of back) damage done, how monsters act, things like that.

Yoghurt is a pleasant guy to work with, who knows what he wants, but is always open for suggestions.
Re: PLEASE ANYONE: The Prophecy
September 14, 2011 08:50PM
I am STILL looking for a coder!
Re: STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
December 12, 2011 08:57PM
i am still looking!
December 16, 2011 08:58PM
Just finished finals and have a winter break all to myself. I've got coding experience on me, where do I sign up?
December 21, 2011 05:02AM
ShinCrusader
Just finished finals and have a winter break all to myself. I've got coding experience on me, where do I sign up?
i would have PMed you but the internetz failed me XD

send me a mail to ezekiel-rage (at) hotmail dot com and ill sign you up with the dropbox files asap^^
December 21, 2011 07:25AM
Yoghurt
i would have PMed you but the internetz failed me XD
It's not the internet haha the PM's system is broken at the moment (and has been for a while >.>)
February 28, 2012 09:13PM
i am still looking for a coder :(
August 25, 2012 06:24PM
November 22, 2012 10:53AM
another bump!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login