WiiOffice NEEDS HELP
October 15, 2011 03:56PM
I have came up for a great idea for a homebrew office suite. It will be able to edit .docx .pdf .doc .rtf .txt .ppt .pptx .wot .wos .wop .wod. .wot stands for WiiOffice Text document. .wos stands for WiiOffice Spreadsheet. .wop stands for WiiOffice Presentation. .wod stands for WiiOffice Database. This is going to be an open-source project. It will have light formatting tools and not use the Wii's system memory. If some people post back, I will set up a github repitory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2011 05:48PM by supermunch.
Re: WiiOffice NEEDS HELP
October 16, 2011 06:04PM
Have much experience coding? Because an Office suite is going to be a HUGE task.

And would it not make more sense to use OpenDocument standard formats, rather than creating another format that will ONLY work with a Wii based Office suite?

Finally, has it occured to you that it takes a LOT longer to type using the on screen keyboard, and if you were plugging in a USB keyboard, you may as well just use a computer (IMO)? Also, you could probably already run LibreOffice via Wii Linux.
October 17, 2011 12:08AM
I do not have any experience with coding. As for the OpenDocument, I think that that would be a better idea. It would be a basic office suite because the wii has a weak proccessor and little ram. It would have some formatting but not much. I am also thinking of setting up a wii system menu clone that this will hook into. All the information about that will be on its topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 01:16AM by supermunch.
October 17, 2011 02:21AM
I don't see this happening. You don't have any experience coding so who's going to code it?
October 17, 2011 10:39PM
I need someone to help code this project. I would like to know C++ but right now, i would like to have someone help code this project.
October 17, 2011 11:09PM
"help code"? You don't know how to code. This person would be doing ALL the coding themselves.
December 28, 2011 09:42PM
How does that work? I thought the first thing required for a Programming Project was to be able to program.
And I think it would be pointless starting a project the size of making a new Office suite, for a game console, where there is no use for it...
Develop something that people want to have on a game console, maybe a game engine? yes very cliche, but still a very fun coding project to accomplish...

I'm reasearching Graphical Programming, and I'm going to try my first attempt at building a game engine - it shall be called OrBit2D :D

Start small.

A 2D rendering system is still needing in a 3D game engine, so hopefully i will make it OrBit3D :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 09:44PM by Naf456.
December 29, 2011 12:18AM
No need to bump an old topic with no reason. Please refrain from posting mindless nonsense in old threads again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login