Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii controllers on PC via WIFI

Posted by manwithnoname 
Wii controllers on PC via WIFI
December 06, 2011 09:50PM
Would it be possible to send the controller input from a wiimote to a server on a computer? Even if you can connect the controller directly to the computer via bluetooth, not everyone has a dongle available that works.

So I ask, would it be possible, or even worth the effort?
Re: Wii controllers on PC via WIFI
December 06, 2011 10:51PM
It would probably be quite laggy by the time the control is received by the Wii, interpreted, sent to WiFi and then received by PC. Honestly it's probably easier to just buy a working bluetooth dongle, they're not all that expensive.
December 28, 2011 09:36PM
How? I didn't know there was a WiFi adapter in the WiiMotes? unless you use the Wii to forward the Wii remote data to your computer via TCP/IP protocols, but I'm still a n00b when it come to data transmission. it should be pretty simple.
December 28, 2011 10:58PM
Naf456
How? I didn't know there was a WiFi adapter in the WiiMotes? unless you use the Wii to forward the Wii remote data to your computer via TCP/IP protocols, but I'm still a n00b when it come to data transmission. it should be pretty simple.
No the Wii remotes use Bluetooth. They're talking about using the Wii console itself to send the signals over WiFi to a PC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login