Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Master Of Orion 2 for Wii?

Posted by DeusEx 
Master Of Orion 2 for Wii?
January 21, 2012 11:46PM
first of all i must say i'm not sure if it is ok to ask this here because of all this warnings when i make a post and my english is not so well to understand all of it. and i'm not wii-krazy (krazy with k!) enough to understand all those terms like WADs and Softmods!

but i browsed the forum and saw that people ask for Duke3D and stuff, so i thought it would be ok to ask.

and i have to say: I HAVE AN ORIGINAL GAME CD FOR PC, IM NOT A THIEF!

so if it is not allowed to port the hole game at once a Wii-Installer for the original CD would also work fine for me (if this is possible)

i know it is a dosgame, and there a dosbox emulators for the wii, but when i try to run the game via dosbox, the sound stucks, it runs damn slowly its just not much fun to play the game.

--so if anyone could port it for wii would be nice if possible.
--if somebody is running the game well with dosbox, he can also tell me how to run it correctly.

he would be my personal hero for at least one day!

thanks a bunch for listening!
Re: Master Of Orion 2 for Wii?
January 22, 2012 07:51AM
Well the Wii can't read CD's so you couldn't use the original CD. As for as playing it on a Wii, you'd have to change the settings in DOSBox.
January 22, 2012 11:19PM
hi, i know that wii cant play the CD but after installing, the game runs without a CD so what i meant with installer was something like "i install the game on PC and put them special wii files in the folder that makes the game run on the wii when i copy it from my PC to an SD card" or something like that. i mean if somebody can port hexen or stuff like that it should be possible for Master Of Orion 2 to.

i know that i have to change the settings in dosbox, but i cant get the game work properly. so i ask if somebody has tested it and knows how to run it on dosbox.

the game would be great on the wii if you have a big television or a beamer, you could lay in your bed and pointing and clicking with your wii-remote to rule the galaxy! this would be more than awesome. best game ever since impossible mission 2 for the C64!
January 23, 2012 12:57AM
DeusEx
i mean if somebody can port hexen or stuff like that it should be possible for Master Of Orion 2 to.

All the other games that have been ported have had their source code released. There is no source code available for Master of Orion 2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login