Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea for black bars "16:9/4:3"

Posted by Bobox 
Idea for black bars "16:9/4:3"
February 28, 2012 12:21AM
I hope this is the right way to suggest an idea...

I would like to see this type of "skin" used to hide the black bars on wide screen TVs...
I think its a perfect solution because fake speakers perfectly blend with the television, they look more natural, and go with any game imaginable.

I hope at least some of the emulators will implement this as a new standard feature in the future.

The speakers used in the picture are from my old television.
If anyone wants I can make a larger version and a couple of variations, but you'll have to tell me the dimensions because I don't know the actual size that has to be made.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm demanding it... :(

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 01:32PM by Bobox.
Re: Idea for black bars "16:9/4:3"
February 28, 2012 09:14PM
Why bother. In most of the emulators, you can set the correct display ratio (4:3 or 16:9) so you don't have the black bars.
February 29, 2012 04:19AM
well i think its a splendid idea. having a widescreen TV and a 4/3 image sucks. you eitehr ahve a streched display which sucks or black borders who suck aswell. i think this is a cool gimmick^^
February 29, 2012 04:39PM
The only problem I could foresee is how you would put it into an emulator. If it's as simple as resizing/making a bitmap image and making a small mod to the code, it might not bee too much trouble. Unless your talking about a VC game, it could be quite easy to do.
March 01, 2012 01:35PM
I wish this would be a standard feature with wide screen TVs that you could turn on/off at will, but the thing is, the companies are only interested in pushing the technology forward, they don't care about retro gaming. The idea in this case is to use it in emulators, since (as you said) coders can still mod the code, VC implementation is not an option...

To conclude, this was only my suggestion, I'm not implying that we all have the same desire, but I sure hope we do.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 01:41PM by Bobox.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login