Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drum app?

Posted by Tom_HZ 
Drum app?
March 22, 2012 12:58PM
Hi,

I got a Rock Band drum kit, and was whondering if there is a homebrew app that lets me play just the drums like i want to?
Re: Drum app?
March 22, 2012 09:13PM
Haven't come across any, sorry. You may have better luck connecting the kit to your computer via Bluetooth and using some PC software with it. But I haven't really looked into it that much, so I don't know for sure either way.
March 23, 2012 12:47AM
This app has no documentation about rockband drums but your can try your luck; [www.wiibrew.org]
March 23, 2012 03:21AM
SifJar: Rockband drums use USB, not bluetooth.

I know their protocol pretty well if someone wanted to make an app using them.
March 23, 2012 10:54AM
It would be so cool to just use the wii and the kit as a real digital drum.

And USB? My rock band drum kit has the wiimote inside the casing, its wireless.
I got it from the Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Band in a Box, but it says RockBand on the drumkit.

I once tried the wiimote to pc program, could i map the drumpads as buttons on my pc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 10:54AM by Tom_HZ.
March 23, 2012 01:03PM
Rock Band drums are USB. Guitar Hero drums use the wiimote. If they came with Guitar Hero then they are not Rock Band drums.
March 23, 2012 02:44PM
tueidj
Rock Band drums are USB. Guitar Hero drums use the wiimote. If they came with Guitar Hero then they are not Rock Band drums.

My Bad it says BAND HERO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 02:45PM by Tom_HZ.
March 24, 2012 06:33PM
tueidj
SifJar: Rockband drums use USB, not bluetooth.

I know their protocol pretty well if someone wanted to make an app using them.

Ah sorry. I haven't used the rock band ones, my brother has the guitar hero ones, I assumed they worked in the same way.
March 25, 2012 01:33PM
I knew 1 Guitar Hero game (forgot wich one) has a Mii FreeStyle mode, quite fun, but then u need to start that specific game everytime u want to drum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login