Question: X68000 open source emulator to Wii?
May 19, 2012 04:42PM
So I discovered there was an open source X68000 emulator around when researching some games today, and wondered if it would be possible to port a Wii emu from it or if it's relying too heavily on Windows?

For those who are not familiar, X68000 is a Japanese only computer system that boasted some incredible arcade ports and exclusive games, including Akumajo Dracula (which was recently released on the Playstation as Castlevania Chronicles), Nemesis 90, Salamander, Parodius, Gradius I & II, Fantasy Zone, Cotton, Thunder Force 2, R-Type, Arkanoid, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, Strider, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Alien Syndrome, Arcus Odyssey, Arcus 2, Bonanza Bros., New Zealand Story, Valis, Populous, Bosconian, Prince of Persia, Rygar, Sim City, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Ultima 5, Xak, Xenon 2, Ys & 3 as well as a countless other exclusive games. Recently there has been a few games translated into English with more to come very soon, so having it playable on the Wii would be great.

The source to the emulator XM6 can be found here:
[www.mediafire.com]

Fixed link. --bg4545

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 11:41PM by bg4545.
Re: Question: X68000 open source emulator to Wii?
May 19, 2012 10:31PM
your link for the source is broken

i found another link for source of xm6 online from back in 2005. having a quick look, i see over 10000 lines of what looks like x86 asm.

theres another one called vx68k that doesnt look like it relies so much on asm. all i see is a bunch of c/cc/h files and a complicated build system. [www.vx68k.org] youd probably have a much easier time getting that one to work on the ppc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 11:05PM by giantpune.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login