Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fixing the vertical aim issue

Posted by Traviss1990 
Fixing the vertical aim issue
March 24, 2013 04:04AM
I just bought a used wii recently and i was really excited about playing fps games with the wii controls. The first game i bought was red steel and i find this and other fps games unplayable because of the vertical aim issue. When I aim at the center of the screen the cursor is at the very bottom. I've researched this extensively and have found many people having the same problem and nobody with a solution. I only downloaded the homebrew channel and joined this forum to fix this problem (i'm a novice programmer). I've searched this forum to no avail. I think a calibration program would be very useful to a lot of people. I'm willing to develop this program my self but since i have no programming experience on the wii it would probably be easier if somebody else wrote it.
Re: Fixing the vertical aim issue
March 25, 2013 01:28AM
Go into the wii settings and check that the sensor bar position (top or bottom) matches where it is located with regards to your screen.
March 26, 2013 01:45AM
Done been through all that.
March 26, 2013 05:58AM
Then I suggest you move your sensor bar to a lower location. A "calibration program" can't do anything because there is no calibration data involved in how the wiimote's camera reports the location of the sensor bar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login