Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Request] Super Mario War

Posted by drchink 
[Request] Super Mario War
January 14, 2009 12:02AM
this is a fanmade game that i found on the internet. theres a version for pc, mac and even for the xbox. it supports 4 players. since mario is nintendo, it would b awsome to hav this on the wii. theres tons of maps, characters and many types of games. its like super smash bros which is one of my favourite games so if it would be possible to port this to the wii, that would b awsome.

[smw.72dpiarmy.com]
Re: [Request] Super Mario War
January 14, 2009 12:07AM
hmm... they do give their source code... so it might be possible

I will go on their IRC and see if they might make a Wiiport of it!
January 14, 2009 08:55PM
nice, it would b sweet if this was on the wii. a wii port only makes sense haha. let me know if u found anything on a wiiport.
January 16, 2009 03:59AM
SMW uses SDL. This port is currently unsuportedwiibrew. and to my understanding only works with devkitproRC15, and libogc20080602. Now wiiapple uses an updated version. This release is very new so my hope is that it works with libogc1.7 and devkitproRC16. The real work of this project is writting the make file. To this end there is a ds port which is built using devkitpro.
January 16, 2009 10:56PM
I looked into it and downloaded for the PC. I would love to see this on wii homebrew. apparently even for PC online play isn't working yet.
April 17, 2009 10:23PM
hmm... what if you port an older version, one with less "features" would that be easier/possible?
April 17, 2009 10:33PM
Less features? Probably more bugs too!
April 17, 2009 10:38PM
From the description it looks like the gameplay is like Super Mario Bros. DS multiplayer, where you have to collect three stars and you can jump on each others heads to make each other drop a star. 8-)
June 13, 2009 10:37PM
i downloaded the wii port but i dont understand how to use it.. i load it up on homebrew but then it just reverts me back to the homebrew channel..
June 13, 2009 10:43PM
krazyito65
i downloaded the wii port but i dont understand how to use it.. i load it up on homebrew but then it just reverts me back to the homebrew channel..
Then you didnt place it on your SD Card correctly. Save yourself the time and effort and just download it via the homebrew browser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login