Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

possible removal of "Health Warning Screen"

Posted by DrLucky 
possible removal of "Health Warning Screen"
November 10, 2008 07:58PM
Although it isn't a really important feature, I was wondering if there was any possible way o remove the health warning screen from the Wii during start up. If it were an IOS, then it could be changed or removed right? I simply find it annoying and evidence that the judicial system in any country is seriously so f***ed up that we now have to warn kids not to play to much video games! I don't even play them much (mainly just trying Wiibrew apps) but is is really ridiculous.

So my question is: Can it be removed? and if so, Could someone create an app or cIOS to do so?

Shalom,
DrLucky
Re: possible removal of "Health Warning Screen"
November 10, 2008 07:59PM
If you have 3.2E or 3.2U (you can downgrade), use Starfall.
November 10, 2008 08:05PM
Muzer
If you have 3.2E or 3.2U (you can downgrade), use Starfall.
well, I have 3.3 so I can't.
So the Warning screen was an "upgrade"? how lame....
November 10, 2008 08:07PM

Um, no. Just, starfall only works on 3.2. As I said, downgrading works.
November 10, 2008 08:09PM
Muzer

Um, no. Just, starfall only works on 3.2. As I said, downgrading works.

No, what I was asking was "So the warning screen was added to the Wii with the 3.3 update?"
A Wii bought before then with 3.2 on it didn't have that screen?
November 10, 2008 08:12PM
It did have the screen. Starfall is a program which hacks the system menu in various ways, including removing the warning screen. Starfall only works on 3.2E/U. Therefore, the warning screen can be removed in 3.2E/U using homebrew, but it is there by default.
November 10, 2008 08:19PM
Ok... I understand you now.

2 things now.

Isn't Starfall "dangerous" to use?
I have a 3.3 . Is it still possible to remove the warning -without starfall- a different way? Like a cIOS?
November 10, 2008 08:21PM

Isn't Starfall "dangerous" to use?
Well, it is potentially dangerous, but as long as you don't do anything really weird, it should be fine.

I have a 3.3 . Is it still possible to remove the warning -without starfall- a different way? Like a cIOS?
No, unless someone releases another starfall-like app. It cannot be done in a custom IOS.
November 10, 2008 09:28PM
Muzer
It cannot be done in a custom IOS.
Wha? Of course it can be done. Whether it's a good idea is debatable.
November 10, 2008 09:32PM

I was under the impression that it was completely triggered by the system menu itself, and a custom IOS alone could not prevent it.
November 10, 2008 09:36PM
Muzer

I was under the impression that it was completely triggered by the system menu itself, and a custom IOS alone could not prevent it.
There are two ways it can. You can change some files in NAND (the way libogc does right now when returning to menu) to use the "channels animation" instead of the warning screen (so the menu thinks you're RETURNING to it). IOS can do that too. Or you can have IOS patch the system menu as it loads it.
November 10, 2008 10:13PM
marcan
Muzer

There are two ways it can. You can change some files in NAND (the way libogc does right now when returning to menu) to use the "channels animation" instead of the warning screen (so the menu thinks you're RETURNING to it). IOS can do that too. Or you can have IOS patch the system menu as it loads it.

alright! awesome!
I hope someone who shares my pain could make such a cIOS! :)

I would do it, but right now, at this very minute, I am in my college's computer lab trying to understand this ****ing C#...
It doesn't make much sense to me....but the book is totally worthless... it doesn't explain a thing (sorry, needed to do a little venting, my assignment is due tonight)
November 10, 2008 10:21PM
I did say that it isn't necessarily a good idea.
November 10, 2008 10:25PM
Stop using the term "cIOS". It does not mean what you think it means.
November 10, 2008 10:31PM
bushing
Stop using the term "cIOS". It does not mean what you think it means.

isn't a cIOS a custom IOS?
November 10, 2008 10:46PM
There is no such current thing as a custom IOS. There are several slightly modified (hacked) IOSes. "Custom" is misleading marketing started by waninkoko. You'll notice that PatchMii isn't called "PatchMii cIOS". That's because only wanky uses that term for modified IOSes.

Calling wanky's stuff "custom" is like calling your car "custom" just because you stuck a bumper sticker on it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2008 10:50PM by marcan.
November 10, 2008 10:53PM
ok... so eIOS would be better? for : edited IOS?
November 11, 2008 03:07PM
DrLucky
ok... so eIOS would be better? for : edited IOS?
Isn't "Patched" good enough?
Waninkoko calls his patched IOSes cIOS. That term is more of a "brand name." That's all.
January 06, 2009 01:03AM
So does anyone know where the "Health Warning Screen" resides into file system of the NAND?
I'm assuming it would be a header of the SYSMENU it's self (title 00000001\00000002). In exploring my NAND-Dump, I have been unsuccessful in defining it's definate location (and how to interpret if I've even stumbled across on accident :) ).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login