Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nintendo channel title info file

Posted by frilak 
Nintendo channel title info file
June 02, 2010 08:52PM
Hi.
Could somebody advice me on the file format used for describing title info in Nintendo Channel? (.info)
I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Re: Nintendo channel title info file
June 04, 2010 01:51AM
You need a hex editor to view those files. First in that file is the common NinCh header. Following that is the info header, and dl list entry. Then there's the video(s) and demo(s) entries if any. Following that is the UTF-16 description text. After that is JPEGs.(A converter for .info was on my todo list for a long time, but I just never started writing it.)
June 04, 2010 10:52AM
Ok. I see. Thank you for the clarifications.

I have found that "times played" is located around after some structure (0x1a58-0x1a9f) and before some utf-16 description string.
And "time played" is a 32-bit int around 0x4b**. But this offsets vary. So I would really appreciate if someone advised me whether these offsets are anywhere specified in the info file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2010 08:21AM by frilak.
June 05, 2010 05:24PM
The "times played" data from the records section of NinCh is not stored in any of the files downloaded from the servers. That's read from sysmenu cdb.vff. [wiibrew.org] [wiibrew.org] [wiibrew.org]
June 06, 2010 10:43AM
Then how does it get updated if it is "read from sysmenu cdb.vff"?
June 06, 2010 07:37PM
NinCh reads cdb.vff, finds all the records of titles in the NinCh dl list title database, and calculates the total timed played for the titles. This app can read those records: [www.wiibrew.org]
June 07, 2010 04:41AM
I guess we are talking about different figures.

Playstats is a utility to analyse the play history on the Wii

I am talking about global stats:
http://pubfrilak.s3.amazonaws.com/DSCI0005.JPG

Thank you.
June 07, 2010 05:13AM
So you're trying to get play times from the .info file to get the records uploaded by NinCh by all Wiis in a region. I wasn't aware NinCh even allows you to see that data. I dunno where that data is stored in the .info file, if anywhere.

EDIT:
I can see something that might be play times related at that region too, but I dunno how to parse/read that data. I never saw any info file with anything like that data before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 05:28AM by yellowstar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login