Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

{MOVED TO REVERSE ENGINERING} NAND Dump Reading

Posted by NotAWiiHacker 
{MOVED TO REVERSE ENGINERING} NAND Dump Reading
June 23, 2010 10:14PM
So we've all heard about Bushings amazing work on the wii and team Twiizers and Twizzlers (forgive my spellings and great jobs) and they sometimes have a NAND Dump to work on and find holes in, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a NAND Dump readable? I've Tried a Hex Editor (and it in Binary mode) to no luck. So could anyone tell me how to do this to a NAND dump or if there is even a way to do it.

Best regaurds!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 10:24PM by NotAWiiHacker.
Re: {MOVED TO REVERSE ENGINERING} NAND Dump Reading
June 23, 2010 11:16PM
What do you mean "readable"? If you mean you want to unpack your NAND dump to view all the files etc., ShowMiiWads can do that.
June 24, 2010 01:27AM
Have you seen some of there posts? They have Raw code from thinks (Such as .Dol files) and Im wondering if theres a way to do that witha Nand dump
June 24, 2010 05:44AM
Open it up with a disassembler like IDA Pro as a PowerPC file.
June 24, 2010 04:24PM
On Linux you can use wiinandfuse, a Live CD would work. On Windows google "Wii NAND extractor".
June 24, 2010 06:17PM
Arikado, Do I have to purchase IDA Pro? The demo Version wont work... Please post instructions!
June 24, 2010 06:25PM
Follow yellowstars suggestions first. If that doesn't give you what you want, then carefully consider using IDA Pro.
June 24, 2010 06:30PM
I have used Yellowstars Idea. But, do I have to purchase IDA Pro? And If so, How much is it?
June 24, 2010 06:44PM
You don't need to purchase IDA Pro if all you want is the contents of the NAND. That's for disassembling the binaries you may find. And if you don't know whether or not you need, I'd say its a waste of a lot of money (several hundred £, or the equivalent in your countries currency AFAIK)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login