Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holy crap! System menu tpls.

Posted by paul.strickler 
Holy crap! System menu tpls.
January 13, 2009 03:21AM
This is probably old news, but I must share it.
There are some revealing tpls on the wii system menu wad.

First is in board.ash. When you type a message, you are really typing on a picture. Many pictures. You could customize the whole message screen to almost anything.
But that is boring. Here is a good bit:
my_LetterS_Game_a.tpl open it. Remember those demos nintendo had in mid 2006 that showed animal crossing messages on your system menu? Well, somebody never removed the icon used in said demos. It is right there. Waiting to be found.
AWESOME!

An even better bit? That is in discban.ash It is called my_DVDDisk_a.tpl. Open it. You will find that wiis were once able to read dvds. I think this says it went way past concept and reached implementation before being cut!

A useless thing I found in the board as was a pic of mario:

After seeing this, a 100% custon system menu is possible, with the risk of bricks. I do not mean the customazation as a large scale project, but an individual user could really do some awsome stuff.
Re: Holy crap! System menu tpls.
January 13, 2009 03:40AM
I have a problem.
I am trying to open iplsetting.ash. However, it refuses to be decrypted by creidars app. What should I do?
April 17, 2009 04:17AM
HOW THE HELL Do YOU OPEN SYSTEM MENU WADS? I DONT WANT TO uSE CONFUSING GIT. AND I CAN'T FIND ANY UNPACKERS THATS WORK!!!
April 19, 2009 11:18PM
Smario3500
HOW THE HELL Do YOU OPEN SYSTEM MENU WADS? I DONT WANT TO uSE CONFUSING GIT. AND I CAN'T FIND ANY UNPACKERS THATS WORK!!!

I think people who type in all caps are unable to unpack wads...
May 02, 2009 04:26PM
DrLucky
Smario3500

Then Smario3500 isn't unable 'cause he left the "o" un-CAPSed in "Do".
May 17, 2009 05:34AM
DrLucky
Smario3500

HA!(sorry just had to add that)
May 18, 2009 04:57AM
He left the "u" in "uSE" un-capped too. :O
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.