Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

HBC install error on Wii U (Wii mode)

Posted by hrvat36 
HBC install error on Wii U (Wii mode)
December 14, 2012 09:18AM
Re: HBC install error on Wii U (Wii mode)
December 22, 2012 09:12PM
December 23, 2012 04:28PM
that's becuse you need to remove the SD card until you have started SSBB(wii u check's for bad save files when reboot to wii mode)
that's is why it dont finde boot.dol it's have bean removed.
December 27, 2012 06:33AM
The exploit (smash stack) is working fine, the problem is with the HBC installer since it doesn't like my IOS58. I think I'm stuck until there's a new version of the HBC installer that doesn't assume IOS58 is messed up.
December 27, 2012 04:36PM
December 27, 2012 05:03PM
If you install any IOS with dop-Mii (not that you could, but more on that later), it will not work. The Wii Mode on the WiiU requires different versions of IOS than an actual Wii. You cannot use regular Wii IOS on a vWii (virtual Wii i.e. Wii Mode on WiiU), and you cannot use vWii IOS on a regular Wii.

Anyway, dop-Mii requires HW_AHBPROT to be disabled for it to be able to do anything other than upgrade IOS to newer official revisions, and HW_AHBPROT is only disabled if you load it via HBC, not if you load it via LoadMii or Wii Homebrew Launcher or anything like that.
December 27, 2012 05:16PM
Ok thanks for the reply :), even if it's more or less a bad news.

Do you have any idea of what we can do ?
December 27, 2012 06:19PM
I have no idea why it isn't working I'm afraid, I would advise posting a comment on the HackMii blog post about the release of the vWii compatible HBC detailing your problem. That way it might be seen by people who could look into the problem more thoroughly.
December 27, 2012 10:38PM
Nevermind, I don't know how but my problem "solved" itself...
Now HBC is working fine.

Anyway, thanks for your tips and I hope hrvat36's problems will be solved.

If that can help you my old sd card was broken so I just changed it and now it's just working like a charm.

Bye :) !
January 04, 2013 07:07AM
Wow, thanks for sharing your experience, windaube! Based on what you said I bought another 2GB SD card and tried the whole thing again and it worked on the first go! Can't explain how the SD card could cause the HBC installer to fail, but in any case all is well now and I have HBC installed on my WiiU in Wii mode.

For anyone wondering the old SD card was a SanDisk Ultra II that worked fine in my old Wii, and the new one is a plain old SanDisk Class 2 for $5 from Amazon.
January 16, 2013 05:59AM
January 16, 2013 10:08AM
Yes you messed up. What happened is you patched your IOSes which the HackMii Installer will not use, as it says. In order to fix it you have to reinstall your original IOSes. I'm actually not sure if that's possible on a vWii at the moment.
May 17, 2013 10:31PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login