Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libogc vs gba booting

Posted by henke37 
libogc vs gba booting
November 26, 2008 11:04PM
While I have no plans on actually trying it (partly since I don't own a gba), I am wondering if there is any support for sending executables over that GC to GBA connection cable. It's a bit obsolete, but I think that it still should work on a Wii, and I am sure someone have used a normal GC game that did this.
Re: libogc vs gba booting
November 26, 2008 11:31PM
Yes, I know of 2 games that do this (I own them)
One of them is Animal Crossing. If you had the GBA connected, you could send your villager to a secret island (on the GC) and it would give you a map thingy on the GBA (I think, haven't done that one in a while.
Another one is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. You can send one of your Chao's from the Chao garden to your GBA, and it gives you basically a Tamagotchi on your GBA, that you can transfer back to the GC to save what you did.

Maybe someone can reverse-engineer this protocol, so we can send GBA homebrew to our GBAs with our Wiis =P
November 26, 2008 11:41PM
Yeah, that is what I wanted to hear about, sending homebrew and so on. Of course, I have searched, but it's been result less since I haven't managed to think up the right keywords.
December 19, 2008 12:50AM
I know no$gba emulator has support for this, sending gba executables over a link cable (connected to pc via parallel interface), try checking the no$gba docs?
December 19, 2008 12:56AM
Ah yes, good idea GizmoTheGreen, however I see a problems with that: NO$GBA uses an Xboo cable, which almost definitely doesn't have a similar interface as the Gamecube Port -> GBA adapter. However, combining those docs with some way to transfer raw data TO the gamecube port could yield some good results.
Too bad I'm too lazy to do it myself XD

Have a go at it, henke37, see what you can do!

(!kickhenke)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login